Author Topic: Wipeout not out on PLT's  (Read 2168 times)

LE

Wipeout not out on PLT's
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »
OK (maybe me)

I sent some PLT (drawing) files to a plotting place yesterday and I was making sure that my keynotes bubbles (that have a wipeout object), where preview right, and supposedly were (mean that the leaders are drawn from the center of the circle, they are place below the wipeout object), but no....  :-(

And after receiving the plot sets, ALL the bubbles show the lines inside.... what a h...l I am missing? - (if they are PLT's) or is the place I am sending the files..... if I plot them here they came up just fine...

Anyone knows ? - thanks in advance

Bob Wahr

Re: Wipeout not out on PLT's
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:50:33 AM »
[wag]try turning off the merge pens setting[/wag]  If you want to send me one of the plt files, I'll see how it plots for me.  I know that wipeouts in plt files have plotted for me correctly so that can narrow it down to whether the problem arises with the plotter or the plt file.  bob.wahrATgmaildotcom if you want to try.

LE

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:12:04 AM »
One PLT is on your way.... thanks!

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 11:06:13 AM »
Ploted it out on a KIP 3000 and the wipeouts work perfectly.  Looks like the problem's on your repro house's end.

LE

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 11:11:53 AM »
Ploted it out on a KIP 3000 and the wipeouts work perfectly.  Looks like the problem's on your repro house's end.

Thank you, now I can ask this guys about it... man I do not want to trash $392.68 for those plots.  :pissed:

Bob Wahr

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 11:13:35 AM »
I wouldn't.  The plot files are fine as far as I can tell, so the problem's on his end.  He needs to eat the cost.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »
Luis,

From what I've read about wipeouts, it sounds like how they plot is printer\driver specific. Even if they look fine on the screen doesn't necessarily mean they will plot out correctly.

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

drizzt

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 10:34:41 AM »
I've had the same problem with wipeouts and plotting. Even the same file, not having the problem with first plot, will have the problem with the next plot.

Haven't ever found a solution

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 10:43:49 AM »
I've had the same problem with wipeouts and plotting. Even the same file, not having the problem with first plot, will have the problem with the next plot.

Thank You, thought I was going nuts. I have the same prob w/ pdf's (another thread), but plotted yesterday w/o a problem, yet I hang the same dwg on the wall with the note "Watch out for wipeouts"

:?
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

drizzt

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 10:47:52 AM »
"Watch out for wipeouts"

I put huge text in red, on a non plotting layer in the file. But I am the only draftsmen here, so it is just to remind myself!