Author Topic: AutoCAD 2008  (Read 15691 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: AutoCAD 2008
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 01:10:39 PM »
Has anyone else been having this problem with AutoCAD 2008? It seems that all of my (getvar 'ctab) fields in my titleblocks do not update (regardless of FIELDEVAL settings). Whichever is the current tab when the drawing is opened, the rest of the tabs display that tab name.

Ron
Is the TB being referenced in?  Is it Text, MText, Attribute??!?  I'd like to try to recreate the issue here because we use fields quite a bit in our Tb's - xref them in.

The titleblocks are x-referenced with a field that is either in an attribute...text or mtext (we use client tblocks).

*edit*

I figured out what fixes it....if I insert a field in that drawing, then the xref ctab fields update as they should. :? Before, no fields existed in the current drawing, they all reside in xrefs.

Could someone please test this?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:21:42 PM by ronjonp »

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 01:25:01 PM »
I just tried it using ADT2008 and got the same thing.  It appears to plot correctly - just doesn't show correctly in the drawing.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 01:27:47 PM »
Thanks for testing it out....it appears we've found a bug. :-)

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
Thanks for testing it out....it appears we've found a bug. :-)
<Homer Simpson> WOO HOO!! </Homer Simpson>

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2007, 01:46:10 PM »
hey josh i just wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me (i think) over in the autodesk forums. i posted a wish list and some guy started personally attack my autocad knowledge, nice. I was going over there to ask questions about 2008 as not alot of people are playing with it here and maaaan i wanna come running back to the swamp.
I read that whole thread... I only go there when I absolutely, positively need to.  The smart-@$$ remarks are getting out of control and there seems to be little to no enforcement by the NG admins.  They've probably been beaten down by the constant barrage of "playah hatin'" going on over there.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2007, 02:14:53 PM »
hey josh i just wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me (i think) over in the autodesk forums. i posted a wish list and some guy started personally attack my autocad knowledge, nice. I was going over there to ask questions about 2008 as not alot of people are playing with it here and maaaan i wanna come running back to the swamp.
I read that whole thread... I only go there when I absolutely, positively need to.  The smart-@$$ remarks are getting out of control and there seems to be little to no enforcement by the NG admins.  They've probably been beaten down by the constant barrage of "playah hatin'" going on over there.

probably so!  sad, really :(

I'll have to revisit my conundrum and see what I can do... I haven't had to "publish" may drawings in a while, and the drawings that I am working on now, we are using the client's TB, which does not use fields or anything... soooooo..... I'll keep this thread in mind when I get back to working with drawings that have our own TB in it :)

BAshworth

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2007, 04:22:16 AM »
From the vertical side of things.  2008 AutoCAD Architecture (ADT has gone the way of the dodo as far as branding goes) looks to have some nice additions to what they started with 2007.  I still don't get the same functionality with tool palettes that I had with AEC Content, but oh well.  Just inspires me to make my own tools.

Question for all you guys, and this maybe should be in a different thread, but we're upgrading from 2006 to 2008 shortly and unlike AutoCAD, you cannot save an ADT drawing back to earlier versions and have it work, and I lost enough sleep over the amount of "previous version" errors I received when opening drawings with xrefs when we went from 2004.  Therefore, we're going to have to update every file on our network to 2007 format when the switch is thrown to go to 2008.

What tools have you guys found for doing this in the most expedient and clean manner.

I've messed around with DWGTrueView, but wanted to make sure I wasn't passing by some uber tool that worked faster.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2007, 08:54:44 AM »
you MIGHT be able to use the reference editor to mass-update the files, but that seems like a rough road and sloppy solution.

I think Matt W pointed out in the "things I wish I knew yesterday" thread about a batch converter included with (I THINK he said ADT)

I'll try to track that down.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2007, 08:56:47 AM »
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=14567.75

Sorry, it came with Civil software...

Kate M

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2007, 12:29:25 PM »
What about DWG TrueConvert?

BAshworth

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »

CADaver

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »
The NEW DWGTrueView contains DWGTrueConvert.

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2007, 01:50:34 PM »
... I lost enough sleep over the amount of "previous version" errors I received when opening drawings with xrefs when we went from 2004.

What do you mean by "errors"??  Are you referring to the "this drawing was saved in a previous version" message that pops up?

BAshworth

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2007, 01:52:42 PM »
... I lost enough sleep over the amount of "previous version" errors I received when opening drawings with xrefs when we went from 2004.

What do you mean by "errors"??  Are you referring to the "this drawing was saved in a previous version" message that pops up?

Yeah, errors was a poor choice of terminology.  Once we found some obscure registry key to disable the Autodesk Building Systems "AEC objects from a previous version" message, things were better, but it was irritating to have this message popup for every xref being loaded into a sheet whenever the sheet was opened.

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »
What if you enter the command AECFILEOPENMESSAGE and change it to NO then open a drawing.  Do you still get the message box?