Author Topic: Command Line on startup...  (Read 4235 times)

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Command Line on startup...
« on: February 04, 2004, 11:15:51 AM »
Everytime I open AutoCAD, my command line is set to display 1 line.  I've set it to 3 in Options, made a new profile, but it won't stay once AutoCAD is closed and re-opened...HELP!

AutoCAD 200i

Craig

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 11:43:42 AM »
Have you tried dragging the command line up two lines and then closing ACAD so it will save your settings? I know thats the same as the Options but sometimes software does screwy things and if you manipulate the command line yourself instead of letting the options do it, then it might get corrected. Just one idea.

daron

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 11:45:47 AM »
Right click on the acad icon, hit properties and see if there is a switch in target similar to this:
/p "drive:\paths\%username%.arg"

If so, that is your problem. You need to set your profile name to whatever the loading profile is and export it to that place, overwriting the old one. Any time you change something that will affect your profile, you need to overwrite the one that gets loaded. These are most things in options, any apploaded files and possibly dwg/sysvariables.

hendie

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 11:46:02 AM »
are you using any start-up switches for the profiles ?

***edited***
bugger... Daron types faster then me  :cry:

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 11:54:33 AM »
Actually, we start AutoCAD directly from a dwg file, not the ACAD.EXE.  I have a shortcut to "drawing.dwg" that is in my AutoCAD folder.  My boss told me it's because of something with x-ref paths or something...not really sure.

daron

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 11:58:39 AM »
That doesn't make any sense. Try exporting your arg file and creating a switch to load it, then use the acad.exe to open autocad. As far as opening drawings, afterwards you can still do it the other way.

Hendie, well Craig types faster than me.

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 12:55:39 PM »
Does anyone know the VAR for the command line?

Craig

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 01:54:54 PM »
Quote from: Dommy2Hotty
Actually, we start AutoCAD directly from a dwg file, not the ACAD.EXE.  I have a shortcut to "drawing.dwg" that is in my AutoCAD folder.  My boss told me it's because of something with x-ref paths or something...not really sure.

I agree with Daron, not really sure why you would do that. If you want all your standards part of the drawing when you start Autocad, why not get everything setup like you want it and save it as your acad.dwt so when you start ACAD using the .exe it will default to that file  :?

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 02:58:41 PM »
That's something I'm in the process of doing, actually.  I'm trying to get our office standardized, because it's really not.  Just gonna take some time to set it up correctly.

pmvliet

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 12:54:30 PM »
Our office has this problem now.
We normally pull profiles off of our network. In the default profile
on the network, the command line is at 3 lines. Once this copies the profile locally, it doesn't get overwritten unless the user deletes it or renames the profile.
And now anytime you use AutoCad it defaults back to 1 command prompt line. It is a totaly PIA. I have tried everything and it gets defaulted back...

:evil:

Pieter

daron

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 01:03:36 PM »
Does this happen in any specific version you are using or all of them?