Author Topic: Disappointed in Autodesk . Hope here I get my answer.  (Read 4699 times)

LE3

Re: Disappointed in Autodesk . Hope here I get my answer.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »
Or hire a professional developer that can write the software as required to suit your company needs.

My 0.2 cts.

vnsharifi

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
Hello there. I posted this question in Autodesk and nobody so far answered me.
I repeat it exactly here.

< ... >

Post edited due to it's argumentitive and antagonistic nature ...
kwb
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:01:13 AM by Kerry »

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 01:12:05 AM »
Maybe this is a start and might help but is for just an example and would need updating for application use

All I did was take the code I posted here
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/What-event-I-should-use-to-read-left-click-mouse-location-all/m-p/3145656/highlight/true
and updated a little

Look in the docs for various definitions for PointHistoryBits
Steal Kerry ideas and use MODEMACRO variable

You can watch the link and watch how the length will be 100 * more than what the dynamic window reports
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DfDk7s3_PQ
Code: [Select]
  <CommandMethod("LastPoint")> _
        Public Sub LastPoint()
            AddHandler Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.PointMonitor, New PointMonitorEventHandler(AddressOf Editor_PointMonitor)
            Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.TurnForcedPickOn()
        End Sub

Dim firstPick As Boolean = False
        Dim firstPoint As Point3d = Nothing

Private Sub Editor_PointMonitor(sender As Object, e As PointMonitorEventArgs)
            Dim doc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
            Dim db As Database = doc.Database
            Dim ed As Editor = doc.Editor

If (e.Context.History And PointHistoryBits.NotDigitizer) Then
                firstPick = Not firstPick
                firstPoint = e.Context.RawPoint
            End If

If firstPick Then
                Dim distance As Double = firstPoint.DistanceTo(e.Context.RawPoint)
                Dim str As String = (distance * 100).ToString()
                Application.SetSystemVariable("MODEMACRO", str)
            End If
        End Sub

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=36400.msg414329#msg414329

C#
Code: [Select]
[CommandMethod("LastPointCsrp")]
 public void LastPointCsrp()
 {
     Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.PointMonitor += new PointMonitorEventHandler(Editor_PointMonitor);
     Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.TurnForcedPickOn();
 }

bool firstPick = false;
 Point3d firstPoint = Point3d.Origin;

private void Editor_PointMonitor(object sender, PointMonitorEventArgs e)
 {
     Document doc = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument;
     Database db = doc.Database;
     Editor ed = doc.Editor;

if ((e.Context.History & PointHistoryBits.NotDigitizer) > PointHistoryBits.DidNotPick)
     {
         firstPick = !firstPick;
         firstPoint = e.Context.RawPoint;
     }

if (firstPick)
     {
         double distance = firstPoint.DistanceTo(e.Context.RawPoint);
         string str = (distance * 100).ToString();
         Application.SetSystemVariable("MODEMACRO", str);
     }
 }

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:24:00 AM by Jeff H »

kaefer

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 01:39:09 AM »
Ok, back to the technical side of the original question, if only to evaluate eventual business proposals of professional developers...

How would one go ahead implementing alternative scales for model space?

There's no single hook-up for inputting and reporting distances in .NET. Therefore the effort would involve monitoring all user input and object creation in respect to defined areas of alternative scale, as well as monitoring of object modification. In addition all standard commands that report lengths would need to be wrapped or completely redefined.

While I wouldn't say that it's impossible, it looks like pretty much work. I cannot say if there's something in ObjectARX that makes this task easier, but since commercial applications doing this seem to use custom objects it's likely. Why not buy one of those apps instead of starting from scratch?

PS Thanks, Jeff H, for showing a way for handling the user input. That's but a tiny part of it all.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 01:46:20 AM »
PS Thanks, Jeff H, for showing a way for handling the user input. That's but a tiny part of it all.
Hey kaefer,
I will leave the other part up to you smart guys.

I thought she posted she had it figured out except the status bar??
But the part which I need to understand  from this program is how on earth they managed to change the coordinate display on left bottom hand side of screen ?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:49:31 AM by Jeff H »

JanetDavidson

• Mosquito
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 10:11:39 AM »
Ok, back to the technical side of the original question, if only to evaluate eventual business proposals of professional developers...

How would one go ahead implementing alternative scales for model space?

There's no single hook-up for inputting and reporting distances in .NET. Therefore the effort would involve monitoring all user input and object creation in respect to defined areas of alternative scale, as well as monitoring of object modification. In addition all standard commands that report lengths would need to be wrapped or completely redefined.

While I wouldn't say that it's impossible, it looks like pretty much work. I cannot say if there's something in ObjectARX that makes this task easier, but since commercial applications doing this seem to use custom objects it's likely. Why not buy one of those apps instead of starting from scratch?

What I did so far is : I defined scale region in modal space and attached xdata to it (I mean desired scale ). Then by using point monitor I know always which region user is clicking. Then by using dimscale and dimlfac I can manage to report right lenght according to scale.Please  see attached swf which show how manually we can report differently. The Probem is for inputting Data I want to be able to report to user differently.
Besides those programs you are talking about are for different purposes . They have this feature on, Because in some industries , that is a must.

JanetDavidson

• Mosquito
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »

Thanks Jeff, At work they blocked us from UTube. So I can't watch it here. I will try it at home.
But I don't realise what would be the usage of this code ? Maybe too soon to judge let me watch it at home and get back to you. But Honestly I apprecaite your help.
Janet .

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »
I thought that was what you were asking was to print a different value at the status bar

Just hard-coded for *100

JanetDavidson

• Mosquito
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 11:24:15 AM »
Yes Jeff that is part of what I want.
But the part I want is user input at cross hair should show 1825 as well but in the background .
Basically I want to draw a in 1:1 but  input data for 1:100 and show it 1:100

I repost the demo clip I had posted earlier.
Please  Pay attention to 90000 user input at cross hair prompt, in both scales , 1:50 and 1:100 .

Cheers,
Janet.
And again Thanks for look after me.