Author Topic: lost association  (Read 3650 times)

deep6

lost association
« on: October 11, 2005, 04:09:07 PM »
ok i have multiple computers and projects doing the same thing. a drawing is associated with a project. saved closed and opened on another computer. bam! i need to re-associate i do that save exit reopen the same drawing and bam! must reassociate. this is only on some computers not all in the office. is there a setting i am missing? this is only a recent thing on existing projects. please help!

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: lost association
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 04:17:28 PM »
project name assoc?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

deep6

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 04:40:55 PM »
the project name does not change. i can open the drawing, save, close. 2 sec. later reopen the same drawing and have it ask for the project association.

it may be network related. only the ordinary users seem to be affected. the IT dept have recently made changes to user  accounts. i am checking with them.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 04:42:46 PM »
do you have the project added to each machine? (registry)
are you pointing to areas for project files that the ordinary users' dont have rights
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 05:21:22 PM »
I have seen this behavior, and do not believe it is addressed
in the latest service patch or not.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 05:46:22 PM »
Sounds a little like Greensboro to me, Michael.  It still happens with 2006 sp1 from time to time - we are still waiting for the verdict on sp2.

deep6

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 10:46:30 PM »
do you have the project added to each machine? (registry)
are you pointing to areas for project files that the ordinary users' dont have rights

the project data is stored with the drawing directories on the network, where all have or had full access. this a recent problem that has only surfaced in one office. our other ones are fine and they have similar machines and use the same file/directory structure.

Sounds a little like Greensboro to me, Michael.  It still happens with 2006 sp1 from time to time - we are still waiting for the verdict on sp2.

all machines running XP pro w/SP2; LDD 2004 w/SP2
thanks, guess i'll just wait for dayllight   8-)

deep6

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 11:15:21 AM »
UPDATE!
well IT finally got around to checking things out and according to them the useres have full read/write to their local machines including the regestry and network drives. is there anything in LDD that would remotely control this?