Author Topic: import/export tool palette, or any good solution  (Read 1686 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
import/export tool palette, or any good solution
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »
does anyone have anything for importing/exporting tool palettes (lsp, etc.)?

i only realized it today, that when we switched from 06 to 08, several of the tool palette blocks reference our old folder. in 2006, we stored all blocks in a root folder called 2k6. when we switched to 08, they wanted us to go back to using a root folder called "cad standards". i was responsible for making the switch for our department (our tool palettes, etc.), but then, shortly after the switch had occurred, they gave me responsibility over all the blocks, tool palettes, startup, etc. upkeep. problem is, i've noticed that whoever was in charge (if anyone) of setting up some of the other department tool palettes, they never went in and renamed the path from g:\2k6 to g:\cadd standards. it hasn't been an issue yet, but i know it will be when the finally decide to remove 06 from everyone's computers and delete the 2k6 folder, plus it's just incredibly disorganized. i know i can just go through each .atc (i think that's the file name) and just find & replace one string for another, but i was hoping to be able to just export everything that is needed, and reimport anew. that way, any old crap that exists in the tool palettes folder is removed.
if anyone has any ideas, this would be greatly appreciated. if not, i'll just find/replace one line for another in the atc files.

thanks guys.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: import/export tool palette, or any good solution
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:09:10 AM »
You can import/export TPs in Vanilla CAD.  With the verticals, you should use the Content Browser and keep everything on the network.  The users can then either copy an entire palette to their computer or individual tools as they need them.  And when you make an update to a tool in the Content Browser, it will automatically get updated on all of the PCs.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Re: import/export tool palette, or any good solution
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »
i know you can import them, but i've got several that i would have to do, i was hoping for an automated process if anyone had it.
is it even possible to batch export/import tool palettes, or even mess with tool palettes with lisp?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox