Author Topic: How to insert a drawing via Ribbon Bar Button?  (Read 5804 times)

deathman20

Re: How to insert a drawing via Ribbon Bar Button?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »
Finally starting to get back to this.  Messing around some more I did get a little further with it, though sadly its not what I was intending the outcome to be like with it.

I can get the blocks to inserted with a specific base point, and rotation.  Though I don't see the block prior to insertion unlike the "Insert" command.  I only see viability after I have my settings down.  Even then right now I have to select a rotation, its not like I'd select it every time so there is a few disadvantages right now.  As well selecting a new base point for insertion.

Used most of the code here, and had to re-adjust it to work with mine.  Thanks to Jeff's code earlier to help me tweak it to make it work right.

What helped me along, converted the code from C# to .Net
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Code-to-insert-a-dynamic-block-into-the-current-drawing/m-p/2849502#M21787

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »
Though I don't see the block prior to insertion unlike the "Insert" command.  I only see viability after I have my settings down.  Even

Time to start learning jigs

deathman20

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »
Yup figured thats what it would be coming down to after looking a bit more last night.