Author Topic: acet-fscreen-toggle (solved)  (Read 2960 times)

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
acet-fscreen-toggle (solved)
« on: October 17, 2005, 09:17:42 AM »
Once I open Visual Lisp Editor, any subsequent drawing I open after that, I get following message:

Assignment to protected symbol
acet-fscreen-toggle
Enter break loop?

And on command line:

; User warning: assignment to protected symbol: acet-fscreen-toggle <- #<SUBR
@019d31cc acet-fscreen-toggle>

This goes on even after I close the editor.
If I close autocad and open again, everything is fine until I use "vlide" command again.

Any idea how to get rid of this?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 03:04:24 PM by paulmcz »

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
Re: acet-fscreen-toggle
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 10:25:47 AM »

I am not sure what this (pragma) should do but the problem seems to be fixed:

In Visual Lisp Editor:
Tools>Enviroment Options>General Options
in "SETQ to protected symbols" , "Prompt to enter break loop" was ON.
I changed it to "Error" and that fixed it.

Thanks anyway,
Paul.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: acet-fscreen-toggle (solved)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 10:29:44 AM »
Better read up on that Paul.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:41:23 AM »
Read what? Help files? I just did. Any dangers I should know about?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 11:39:37 AM »
Lets put it this way.

I 'protect' functions and global variables using a similar method mentioned by Luis.

If someone changed the optimum handling which by 'best practice' protects those values and methods and then complained to me because the Symbols were being overwritten by another application I would be forced to laugh in their face.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
Kerry, I have no clue what caused this. I am well aware about the global variables and I never try to assign any values to known to me protected symbols. Before this, I didn't know and I still don't anything about "acet-fscreen-toggle". I am still investigating what this is all about. I appreciate any input that would shed some light into this for me.
I didn’t quite get Luis’s hints, maybe because I am not as advanced as many of you here.
The change I made in the Environment Options was just a desperate try to get rid of the message. In help file it says about this option:
Error This option prohibits modification of protected symbols. Any attempt to modify a protected symbol results in an error message.
Now, since I don’t get any error messages, I am puzzled even more than I was before. Apparently, I am not assigning values to protected symbols but when I turn the option
“Prompt to enter break loop” ON again, I get all the warnings back.
To tell you the truth, I am lost. If you know about some good reading about all this, I’d love to read it.
I just remembered that I installed and uninstalled “Dwggateway” plug-in recently. Do you think that it could be the problem? When I open acad,  I get this on the command prompt:
ACAD.RX Error: Unable to find file "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\DWGgateway\DGArxR2000.arx".
But everything seems to work fine. I don't get it.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
Re: acet-fscreen-toggle (solved ?)
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 01:49:37 PM »
The FULLSCREEN command is available from my AC2002 to AC2006. I dont remember about AC2000.

The  FULLSCREEN command loads  fscreen.arx and runs (acet-fscreen-toggle).
Part of it's functionality is to reload menufiles. and associated MNL files

just to demonstrate how usefull the protection is run the fullscreen command, restore <run again>, then ;

load this from the IDE

(defun acet-fscreen-toggle () (alert "Pffffff"))

If you dont get a warning that an arx defined command is being redefined then it's aces wild.

Sounds to me like acet-fscreen-toggle is being redefined somewhere. It is most likely happening when one of your MNL {or similar} files is being reloaded when the menu swaps.

The best tip I can give is do a search on your system for ANY file that has the string acet-fscreen-toggle , then see if you can find the offending reloader/redefiner.

Second , perhaps change all your loaders so that they test for a file, or group of files, being loaded before reloading them.

good luck ..

paulmcz

• Bull Frog
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 03:01:08 PM »
Kerry, you are the man.
You were right, the fscreen.arx was the problem. I ran your tiny function and didn't get any error or warning message. There is fscreen.lsp file in Express folder, which loads fscreen.arx but that's all it does. Since I have no chance to see what's wrong with any .arx file, I reinstalled Expresstools. Now I can have default "Prompt to enter break loop" setting in Environment Options and everything works fine.
Thanks very much, I owe you one.
Paul.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 04:24:31 PM by paulmcz »