Author Topic: How to set textstyle to vertical using Vlisp  (Read 9629 times)

Sdoman

Re: How to set textstyle to vertical using Vlisp
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 10:33:54 PM »
LE,

That Arx routine worked!.  I started a new drawing, drew some text objects, loaded the Arx, and ran the code snippet you posted: (verticaltextstyle "standard")

The routine modify the "Standard" TextStyle to have vertical text. Cool!  As Jeff mentioned, the drawing need to be Regen'd to update the existing text objects.

I wish I had more time to play with that C+ stuff, put darn work gets in the way...

Thanks for the Arx file!  We run 2007 at work.  I tested on 2006 at home.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 11:10:35 PM »
Steve;

See if the attached arx file, might help you.... it works with a2004-2006, please if you use it, run some tests on drawings from scratch.

Usage: (verticaltextstyle [ textyle as string ])
ie:
(verticaltextstyle "standard")
Return: T or Nil

If the function works for you, it can be adapted to have another argument for the boolean values true or false [vertical property]

Luis.
HTH

Luis, Are you able to post the source for this, or explaining the methodology used ?

Regards
Kerry
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

LE

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 11:14:54 PM »
Are you able to post the source for this, or explaining the methodology used ?

Yes, I am about to place the source code in the arx forum, it is actually a very simple approach.

:-)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 11:22:15 PM »
......Glenn R over at a now defunct website was working on a Curve class that allowed VB(A) users the same VLAX-CURVE functions that VLisp users use without the need for going through the Lisp interpreter. I tested the first few versions for him and I thought he was going to release them for general use, but I have not yet seen them. Maybe Kerry B., if he sees this, can update on this since he, too, was doing some testing on them and I beleive he also knows Glenn personally. Anyway,......

Hi Jeff,

I'll leave the full story of the fate of that to Glenn .. long story short, I believe, was lack of positive response .. go figure !  , I thought it would have been gobbled up.

.. I could pass Glenn in the street and wouldn't know .. just spoken a few times.

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

LE

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 11:38:23 PM »
BTW, Luis, it does work in 2006 but needs a refresh of some kind to update any text items already in the drawing.

I'm still in A2005.... but I uploaded the source code for the function in the ARX forum, I will try to find that myself, or maybe any other of the swampers that knows ARX, might be able to fix that part too.

LE

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 11:50:45 PM »
Are you able to post the source for this, or explaining the methodology used ?

Yes, I am about to place the source code in the arx forum, it is actually a very simple approach.

Is now in the ARX forum....

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 12:29:44 AM »
Thanks Luis.
Thats how I thought you'd do it. The same functionality is wrapped for C# <for all managed languages>

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 10:14:25 AM »
Steve;

See if the attached arx file, might help you.... it works with a2004-2006, please if you use it, run some tests on drawings from scratch.

Usage: (verticaltextstyle [ textyle as string ])
ie:
(verticaltextstyle "standard")
Return: T or Nil

If the function works for you, it can be adapted to have another argument for the boolean values true or false [vertical property]

Luis.
HTH

Pretty slick. Some of my textstyles return nil, meaning that the font cannot be made vertically?  example: Helvl.shx

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

LE

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »
yes... not all the fonts can set to vertical...

LE

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 11:06:25 AM »
Thanks Luis.
Thats how I thought you'd do it. The same functionality is wrapped for C# <for all managed languages>

I uploaded a new function version in the same arx topic... is there a chance to convert the code I did in arx, to C# ?

Thanks.