Author Topic: Autodesk pricing  (Read 8213 times)

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: Autodesk pricing
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 11:43:55 PM »
This may be worth a quick look -> http://www.bricscad.com/products/thirdParty/CivilCAD/default.jsp

edit - from the creators -> http://www.sivandesign.com/CivilCAD.asp
the prices are getting back up to AutoCAD but this is a vertical so it may work out cheaper if it does what you want??
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 11:52:22 PM by MickD »
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »
Here are some jpg2 ( jpeg2000 ) images that I use all the time.

ftp://146.201.97.137/DOQQ/2004/RGB/StatePlane_W/jpeg2000/g35
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Scott

• Bull Frog
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 12:27:39 AM »
Would something like Luis' OSS civil app do the job if it was able to be used on Intellicad say?
It might help but the images are my biggest problem, that and a bunch of GIS data that I use.

You might check into Global Mapper or Geoexpress View.  You might be able to import your aerial photos into one of these applications and export it in another format with the world file created as well.  I use Geoexpress View to import 06 county photos and crop out the area of interst.  The world file is created for the area of interest when it is exported.

Hope this Helps
Scott

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 04:31:44 AM »
This may be worth a quick look -> http://www.bricscad.com/products/thirdParty/CivilCAD/default.jsp

I dont do Civil, so wtf are Road Eartworks ?? 

:|
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

sinc

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »
"Eartworks" is Cockney for "I hear it works"...   :-D

Has anyone checked out that Civil package?  The Roads part looks similar to Carlson's, but it's a bit hard to tell how easy it is to use for the weird situations that always crop up in real-world projects.  I also didn't really see anything for working with parcels and doing plats, or support for site grading or construction calcs or anything like that.  But the demos seem limited - for example, they list a "Survey" package, but have no demo or mention of what the package does (at least as far as I could find).