Author Topic: What's new in 2007.  (Read 12470 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: What's new in 2007.
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2006, 05:24:04 AM »
Even If you were to post it Mike, I don't believe it is activated yet.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Jim Yadon

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2006, 07:01:20 AM »
Keep an eye on the Autodesk web site...
AutoCAD Certified Hardware by Robin Capper
Sorry, at this time I am unable to post the relevant URL here ( I am still under NDA until AutoCAD 2007 hits the streets ).

hey Mike, did they gag us again? I thought we were released to openly discuss 2k7 with the normal other NDA stuff about **** ******.

:looks over shoulder again:

MikePerry

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2006, 07:25:16 AM »

Hi Kerry

I am afraid it is...

Take care, Mike

MikePerry

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2006, 07:30:30 AM »
hey Mike, did they gag us again? I thought we were released to openly discuss 2k7 with the normal other NDA stuff about **** ******.

:looks over shoulder again:

Hi Jay

While it is true Autodesk lifted ( to a certain extent ) the NDA on the 1st March 2006 relating to AutoCAD 2007, I personally prefer to er on the side of caution.

Plus, Autodesk have explicitly told AutoCAD 2007 NDA participants not to post / share that particular URL until they give the green light. I already know of one site where it has been removed by Autodesk.

Take care, Mike

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2006, 07:35:12 AM »

Hi Kerry

I am afraid it is...

Take care, Mike

Yours must be a different page than the one documented in the Help files then ..
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Didge

• Bull Frog
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2006, 09:21:11 AM »
Mighty Impressive!!

This is the first release to excite me in many years :-)
Think Slow......

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »
New, Changed, Removed Commands and System Variables in AutoCAD 2007
from Shaan Hurley's blog.

[ http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2006/03/new_changed_rem.html ]
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

MikePerry

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2006, 05:07:42 AM »
Keep an eye on http://www.upfrontezine.com/welcome.htm for NEWS #466 to appear; in the meantime...

Quote from: NEWS #466
Your Graphics Board is Obsolete, Part II
. . . . . .
Autodesk Responds

Shawn Gilmour of Autodesk notes that the high-end specs are only for doing 3D work with AutoCAD 2007; normal computers are still fine for 2D work. He continues...

"AutoCAD has had the ability to use OpenGL based graphics hardware since AutoCAD 2000. With AutoCAD 2004, we added the ability to display textures, materials, and lights on 3D models in real-time. All of these features depended on the speed and ability of both the graphics card and driver for better performance. Most customers don't know this, because we left OpenGL hardware acceleration off by default and left it to customers to discover it.

"With AutoCAD 2007's focus on conceptual design and visualization, we felt it was imperative that we test AutoCAD on graphics hardware and drivers [from ATI, nVidia, Matrox, 3D Labs, NEC and Intel] so we could recommend to customers what graphics configurations best support the features of AutoCAD. There are cards in our certification list both old and new for as little as US$250.

"With this analysis, AutoCAD 2007's Performance Tuner can determine if OpenGL hardware acceleration can be reliably enabled by default the first time customers start up. We also let customers know if their card or driver does not support some of the new features; they can turn on hardware acceleration if they wish.

"The key features that need more graphics power for AutoCAD 2007 are real-time shadows and Gooch shading. Cards that support the features (but are not supported by the vendor for CAD use) are still supported by Autodesk, but hardware acceleration is turned off by default.

"Your ATi RADEON card is a gaming card that has what we call 'graphics cleanup issues'. You can enable hardware acceleration using the 3Dconfig command; the http://www.autodesk.com/hardcert/db.html Web site will be live on March 23, as well as a Q&A and a problem reporting page. 

"As you stated, this is not new to the industry; it is also not new to AutoCAD. It is going to be new to AutoCAD customers who have only been using AutoCAD for 2D and wish to start taking advantage of its new 3D capabilities."

ATI Support

Canada's own ATI Technologies provided me with this list of boards that work with AutoCAD 2007's 3D:

The following boards should be used with driver package 8.223. FireGL cards have faster OpenGL performance due to the different GPUs and optimized drivers.

1. Certified cards and drivers; OpenGL enabled by default:
* ATI FireGL V3100 and V3200, V5000 and V5100, V7100 through to V7350.
* ATI FireGL X1, X2 AGP Pro, and X3-256.
* ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL T2, V3200, and V3200.

2. Cards that passed, but are not recommended; users can enable OpenGL at their own risk:
* RADEON 9800 XT and X1800 Series.
* RADEON X300 Series, X550 Series, and X800 Series

3. Cards that did not pass and are not recommended; users can still enable OpenGL at their own risk:
* RADEON 9200

http://www.ati.com/firegl/autodesk/index.html

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »
FWIW

New  Newsgroup
discussion.autodesk.com
autodesk.autocad.2007

MikePerry

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2006, 02:49:02 PM »

Yoland

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2006, 03:10:32 PM »