Author Topic: Little pearls of Wisdom  (Read 13478 times)

andyanderson

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2004, 03:03:58 AM »
OK, the reason I turned the car around, i.e. back side facing west is because the WIND was out of the west. Cars are not very aerodynamic going backwards or rather sitting still and the wind going - uh- the other way.  And, since I have a front wheel drive car, putting the emergency brake on locks all the wheels - well only the back ones but the tranny takes care of the front ones.  I had to explain that one to my Dad.

Now, a few days from today we're possibly looking at Frances for the holiday weekend.  Damn.  Do you have any idea how much rain we've had in the last month?  Of course not.  As of yesterday we were 28" over the average for this date.  And more on the way.  Damn.

And I moved to Florida for a reason.  Slips my mind right now.  Damn.  Ah, those senior moments...

And what ever happened to the thread that I STARTED???

It's has, amazingly, developed into a full-fledged sing along.  Kind a like a hootenanny (sp?) for those of you who are old enough to remember - like T-bear  8)

OK, to get back on track, another little pearl of wisdom:  never ask a fat woman if she's pregnant   :)

And if you don't know how to use PS, don't tell someone you do.  It's doesn't work.  Experience talking here.

Would someone please tell me how to spell the above word (Hootenanny), please.  I know I screwed it up.

Dent Cermak

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2004, 08:31:47 AM »
No, you spelled it correctly.
Haven't you seen the commercial on TV lately where the lady gets out of asking the fat woman when she's due, just by saying "Thank You" out of the clear blue. Instantly goes from anger to hug time.
AND I avoid PS as much as possible. those new STD's scare me.

ELOQUINTET

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2004, 10:26:24 AM »
dent you have an STD :shock:

Dent Cermak

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2004, 01:17:45 PM »
NOT YET 'CAUSE I DON'T USE PS!!!

CarlB

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2004, 03:06:25 PM »
Not true actually, it's the snow that's white, a polar bears fur is transparent, as it's skin is black this allows maximum heat to reach the skin to help it warm up faster in any available daylight.

The fur is white because it shows the colour of the light reflected from the fur.

The color that any object appears is the color of visible light that is reflected. Nothing special there regarding polar bear fur.  A more accurate description of a polar bear's hair is:

This is a recurring but misguided notion -- that polar bear hair or fur is not white, but clear or transparent. The material that makes up the shaft of the hair is transparent in the visible (although not perfectly so), but the inner core is highly reflecting, so the hair is as white as snow (each flake of which is made up of 'transparent' ice).

Quote found at the website http://it.stlawu.edu/~koon/mar_ref.html

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2004, 03:23:32 PM »
The only thing you can see is light, and light is the only thing you can see.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

PDJ

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2004, 07:33:47 PM »
Hey!! It's CARL B!!!

Dent Cermak

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2004, 12:00:45 AM »
I'm Sofa King lost!!