Author Topic: AutoCAD LT now includes AutoLISP  (Read 947 times)

keithsCADservices

• Newt
AutoCAD LT now includes AutoLISP
« on: May 07, 2023, 10:39:30 PM »
Pros: Lots of 'em!

Cons: VLIDE isn't included. Kind of annoying how they did that. VSCODE is cool but I haven't figured it out quite yet. And since I was so accustomed to VLIDE my attention span for that sort of thing is... well... not great.

This really changes the AutoLISP landscape. Previously, you had to pay A LOT of extra money just to use AutoLISP, or use OtherCAD, of which many are good but you get lots of surprises when clients open their files in ACAD. For those of you that earn $$$ doing AutoLISP this gains you a lot of customers. This also makes DCL more relevant again. I was actually learning C# for a few reasons, one of which being access to richer dialogs. Since LT doesn't support .NET, DCL is much higher up the pecking order now.

Cool stuff! I just wish more people were as excited as I am!!

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Re: AutoCAD LT now includes AutoLISP
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 03:39:48 AM »
Don't get to excited they still left stuff out, your LT can not talk direct to Excel as get Application is not supported. Have a look at same topic Forums/Autodesk. Mentions stuff missing.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

keithsCADservices

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 11:11:19 PM »
That's a bit of a let down. And also a bit annoying. They claim to support all the Active X functions (which I think this includes). As of right now I don't really use Excel, but that won't always be the case... well... actually I'm getting into C# and can almost use WinForms as fast as Excel (but maybe that speaks less of my Excel ability opposed to my WinForms ability lol).

I notice that LT is also missing profiles (basically the reason behind my other post, I can mimic everything I need from the profiles except for the grid line color.

Only if it's next to no trouble, but do you have a link to that Autodesk forum post? I couldn't find it. I tried to get excel and can confirm it doesn't work (but I'm doing it right because it works in "Other" CAD).

Thanks!!

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

keithsCADservices

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 08:46:50 AM »
Thanks BIGAL!!

Here's a useful link pulled from a post in your link:

https://www.cadforum.cz/en/limitations-of-the-lisp-language-autolisp-visuallisp-autocad-lt-tip13683

Try this I would suggest joining.

I'm already signed up to enough message forums. And I like this one better anyways hehe ;-)