Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Color 255

(1/7) > >>

hmspe:
Casting about for ideas....  We have color 255 set to 0% screening, and it's used for things like plotting margins (we have to have entities just inside the extents to get things centered on our plotter).  Anyway, colors 7 and 255 look identical on the screen (we use a black background, so both are white).  Not a problem for what we do in-house, but we have clients who have reassigned 255, and have had jobs go out recently where the building outlines that looked right on the screen were'nt of the plots we delivered.  I'm looking for ideas on how to differentiate between the two on the screen.

At this point I'm running this:

--- Code: ---(defun fix_non_print ( / sset)
  (setq sset (ssget "x" '((62 . 255))))
  (if sset
    (command "_.chprop" sset "" "Color" "246" "") 
  )
  (princ)
)

--- End code ---

as part of my start-up suite, but it's rather limited.  We've re-set color 246 to 0% screening, but I'm finding that some of our clients are using 246 for things that should print. 

What I'd really like is for color 255 entities to be something really unique, maybe like what you'd have iy you drew a dashed yellow line on top of a red line to get alternating yellow and red, but anything that would differentiate colors 7 and 255 on the screen would be OK.  I'd appreciate any thoughts, suggestions on how best to aproach this, code if someone else has already done this and would like to share, etc.

Thanks,
Martin     

T.Willey:
Do you use xrefs?  Are you printing from paper space? or model?

hmspe:

--- Quote from: T.Willey on September 12, 2006, 04:55:52 PM ---Do you use xrefs?  Are you printing from paper space? or model?

--- End quote ---
Our standard is model space only, one drawing per sheet, SDI interface. 

Works well for what we do (building electrical).  For those who may wonder why:  1) The files are small, so they load quickly.  2) All our devices are tied to walls.  We found that the time it took to clean up and overlay a new background in a different color from the existing [which highlights the wall changes very well] was a lot less than doing a space-by-space review trying to see what had changed in an xref.  3)  We work with a couple dozen architects, each of which has their own standards.  Getting everything into our standard speeds up our work.  4) We deliver sealed paper copies, never DWG files, so there's no issue with "round-tripping" data.  5) About the 10th time I did a "close all" after being interrupted by a phone call, throwing out the morning's work in addition to the file I opened to answer the caller's question, I decided SDI had a lot of value.

Martin   

T.Willey:
If you never send dwg files, then what is the problem?  I guess I'm not fully understand what is happening, and what you want to change.  If seems that you want to change the color of what you use to mark margins on your files so they print right, but when you sent out the drawings, they didn't print right.... I'm a little lost.  Am I close?

Greg B:
His problem is that other companies they get the drawings from use the same colors as part of their drawings so that when he tries to print it, it won't print because they have it set up as a no plot color.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version