Author Topic: Brainlock or just to set in old methods.... visretain & changes lay color  (Read 1682 times)

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Hi All
   I have a Base dwg, and after working on it for awhile, I found that I have to change a color on a layer. No big deal, except I use this dwg as an xref for a layout sht. I'm using visretain 1 in the layout sht. I found that the color of the one layer that I did change won't change in the layout sht that the base dwg has ref. through a viewport. So, I'm thinking that all my viewports are set to have all my layers turned on and off per the viewport. I don't want to just visretain 0 and reload the xref as all my viewports layers will blow to Blank. So, I have found that if I go back to my base dwg and rename the layer in question, then go back to my layout sht, the color will update as I want without messing with my layers through my viewport. I also have to recon. layers too.
   So, my question is there another way to make a simple change of a layer color in a base dwg so that it will affect the layout sht dwg thru a viewport with the same change of color for that layer by using xref reload? I did take the time to hose all my layerstates as I thought that might have affected things. Any thoughts?

MJP
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:36:25 AM by sourdoug »
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
why not just change it (the color) in the Xref|Layer Name Properties in the Layout drawing?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sourdough

• Bull Frog
why not just change it (the color) in the Xref|Layer Name Properties in the Layout drawing?

The answer is that I also have 4 other layout dwg's that have to have the same changes shown
and don't want to have to do each layout sht over with the layers in question.

MJP

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
probably easier to chage the ONE layer in four layout drawing using exported layerstates than it would be to reload your Xref files...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sourdough

• Bull Frog
probably easier to chage the ONE layer in four layout drawing using exported layerstates than it would be to reload your Xref files...

Thanks Mike. I'll give that a try. 

MJP

Win 10 64bit