Author Topic: Upgrading 98LT to 2005LT problems..  (Read 4418 times)

craigr

Upgrading 98LT to 2005LT problems..
« on: February 11, 2005, 12:53:04 PM »
As per an earlier related post. -

I have MANY dwgs with Microsoft Word documents pasted into them. In 98LT I would simply righ-click on the document and a menu comes up with the options 'Selectable' 'Bring to Front' 'Send to back' & 'Edit'.

In 2005LT, how do I edit these? Right Click does NOTHING. Left Click does nothing. I have looked thru the Help section and it only mentions MS Word docks with .dwgs pasted into them. Which is the oposite of what I have.

Craigr

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 01:02:34 PM »
did you edit the pop menus in 98LT?  maybe using diesel or something with grips that tells autocad its a doc
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

craigr

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 02:06:19 PM »
No I didn't edit the Popup Menus in LT98. You can edit this with a 'straight from the box' copy of LT98.

There HAS to be a way of editing these. I can't imagine that Autodesk would eliminate this functioin. I'm sure pasted bitmaps into .dwg has the same problem. It's just figuring it out.

craigr

VerticalMojo

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 02:15:21 PM »
Double click on it???

Check DBLCLKEDIT variable.....

craigr

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 02:21:27 PM »
I just discovered that in the help file, but that isn't doing it. In LT98 the 'Selectable' is turned off on the object. We always leave them with this setting so they don't move by 'accident' when editing other parts of the dwg, etc.... I think it has something to do with this setting. The problem is that we have Thousands of dwgs like this, and we obviously are not going to go thru each one in LT98 to turn 'selectable' on. There has to be an answer for this in LT2005.

I just discovered something called 'lock aspect' in 2005 properties box, (for the doc.). It was set to 'yes'. So, I changed it to 'no' - it didn't help.

I will keep searching. It's probably right in front of me and I haven't spotted it yet.

craigr

VerticalMojo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 02:33:05 PM »
Right click should work....

This is what I have...

http://www.theswamp.org/con_mar/Mario/Wordedit.bmp

Im thinking its just one of those "changes" made since your 98 version.... I'll try to find out more about it.....

craigr

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 02:35:17 PM »
Thanks for ALL of your help!

VerticalMojo, what Version of CAD are you using?

craigr

VerticalMojo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 02:49:19 PM »
I’m using LT2000 @ work.... I don’t think it matters though you should have a similar right click when you select the word Doc.

Try this....
Hold down the shift and right click anywhere on the screen, does anything pop up? Just curious.....

I doubt this is the problem but there is a variable called SHORTCUTMENU, check it out in the HELP file.....

still looking.....

-Mario

craigr

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 02:53:33 PM »
Hey, Hey :D

I'm on the right track, I think.

I went into 'Tools', then the 'User Preferences' tab and the 'Windows Standard Behavior' area at the top and selected BOTH 'Windows Standard Accelerator keys' AND 'Shortcut menus in drawing area'. I then went into the 'Right-click Customization' button and set -

'Default Mode' = 'Repeat last command'.
'Edit Mode' = Shortcut Menu
'Command Mode' = Shortcut Menu: enabled when command options are present.

This FINALLY got me the popup menu if I click on the .doc

I'm not there yet, but I think I am VERY close!

craigr

VerticalMojo

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 03:06:49 PM »
Are you able to edit it through the right click menu.....?

craigr

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 03:11:55 PM »
Yup!!

My 'Options' changes mentioned earlier seems to have gotten me where I need to be. I have edited both .doc & .pcx files inbedded in existing dwgs. I can edit them thru double clicking & the 'right-click' menu. I kNEW there had to be a way.

The menu is definitly different than the old, but I guess I can get used to it.

I don't care much for the way you have to scale the embedded file, but I can live with it.

Well, on to more trouble shooting this upgrade.

Thanks again for your help.

craigr

craigr

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 04:53:38 PM »
Next Problem -

Plotting!

In LT98, once you set up your printer, LT98 ALWAYS uses the LAST configuration. That includes the Window size you want to print.

In LT2005, I've figured out how to set it up to use the .pc3 file that I created with all of my settings, (11x17, Landscape, Hole Punch, etc...) But, I cannot figure out how to tell it to plot to the window coordinates of:
 (-.6,-.2232) by (15.8233,10.1435.) - our 'Standard Plotting Window'.

LT2005 is ALWAYS set to Plot to 'Display'! Even if I set the 'Plot Area' to 'Window' it always asks me for the coordinates. If I accept it's current coordinates they are nowhere close to what I want! I've gone thru this proccesss MANY times this afternoon, still haven't figured out what I'm missing.

In the 'Options' on the 'Plot and Publish' tab I have my .pc3 set as the default output device, this does not affect the 'Window' Settings.

I tried the 'Use last successful plot settings' - didn't help.

What am I missing here?

craigr

Kate M

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 04:59:13 PM »
Assuming you're plotting from paper space, do you have "Save changes to layout" checked? Also, page setups will allow you to save your specific configurations -- you can even import them from other drawings or include them in a template.

craigr

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 05:06:07 PM »
Nope. We almost always plot from MSpace. 95% of our title blocks are in Mspace. - (I've tried getting everyone to start using PSpace, they threw a fit).

Once I have the Windown Coordinates put in, I HAVE clicked on the 'Apply to Layout' button. - Didn't help :cry:

Thanks anyway.

craigr

craigr

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 05:34:57 PM »
Well, I got it. :lol:

I ended up making a macro thru the '-plot' command line option. For those of you that are interested, here is the macro -

^C^C-plot;y;;Autocad_Back.pc3;11x17;;landscape;no;window;-.6,-.2232;15.8233,10.1435;;;;;;;;;;

So far the time involved in the upgrade is 16hrs. & counting. - I think it is pretty much set up enough to use. I think I finally have ALL of my customizations working. :horror:

As I stated before, Thanks for your suggestions.
craigr