Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Code Camp Seminar

(1/7) > >>

Peter Jamtgaard:
Hello fellow swamp creatures,

I had a friend mention to me today that there is a pretty good demand for LISP training, but it is hard to find anywhere except maybe at the AU conference or on the discussion groups. Someone mentioned that it would be really cool to have a training session that was economical and personalized with a small group of lisp programmers who want to expand their skills and really utilize Visual LISP/VBA for AutoCAD.

I have been kicking around an idea of a "Code Camp" kinda like a small CAD Camp like AUGI has been doing.

Maybe 20 people who want to spend a couple days in a CAD lab really learning how to program VisualLISP with a little VBa mixed in.

I would be interested in hearing from you if you would be interested. The venue would be just north of Chicago maybe in August and the cost would be ~$200 for a two day seminar, plus room, board, and transportation.

Peter Jamtgaard P.E.

CADaver:
hmmm... sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but why spend all that money, when we have some of the very best lispers in the world giving free lessons right here every day??

daron:
I could do North of Chicago, but $200, I don't know. Have fun though. I hope you have a good turn out... Re-read. How much for just the seminar? Room, board, don't think I'd need. Transportation, I got covered.

MP:
Genuine wishes that the endeavor works well for you; If you're good and you can deliver the content power to ya bro; heck, I wouldn't mind a gig like that myself.

PS - I would suggest ditching comparisons to AUGI, it has zero credibility with me.

My 2¢.

Peter Jamtgaard:
To use the facility fees, insurance, and etc..., plus the cost of the instructors TA's, it would probably include the lunch buffet...

OK $200 for training to me sounds cheap. You will have two 10 hour days of training. What does your local Autodesk reseller charge for a day of training? I know they don't charge $100 a day.

Also there are things you can do in a class that you cannot do here. I try to help people learn lisp everyday and I know if I could only show them, rather than have to type everything I could teach sooo much more.

AU is $1300 dollars for 4 days (including a few meals and room). and you are only one person in a huge group 4000 attendees. As compared to a small group of 20 people, and I was going to invite a few big guns (total experts) to help out and present. It would be very worth $200 bucks.

Peter Jamtgaard P.E.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version