Author Topic: C3D 2008 running on Vista (NOT!)  (Read 1477 times)

MKWeb

C3D 2008 running on Vista (NOT!)
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »
I just recently recieved a new machine running Vista Ultimate OS.

I am having an issue that I am about to pull my hair out over.

I have a new machine that came with Vista Ultimate installed and when I try to open Vanilla ACAD or C3D using my predefined DWT files, both of them will get to about the 12% mark and then ‘hang’. I am trying to open a DWT file from our server that has 5 layouts in it with a titleblock containing Fields for the TB info that are associated with some of the project data and Custom fields. There is a DST file that has this info in it and there are multiple custom styles in the DWT.

I was hoping that one of you could help me determine where the hang might be coming from.

Both of the ACAD apps are networked licensed with our license server residing in Roswell, NM and our office is located in Durango, CO.

Both of the apps have the latest Sp installed and no 3rd party add-ons.

Help?????

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: C3D 2008 running on Vista (NOT!)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:05:29 PM »
what if you install C3D locally, will it run even in DEMO mode?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

surveyor_randy

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:11:12 AM »
Have you tried 'run as administrator'?  If you right click on the icon, there should be that option somewhere in the drop-down list.  Just my $0.02.

Cathy

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 12:33:33 PM »
I would try using another .dwt file (like one of the samples) to see whether the problem was with acad or with the .dwt file.

When I have had drawings hang like that, it is usually when acad is doing the regen and usually on something like a hatch that is too dense.  I don't suppose that you have hatches on your .dwt, but you might try hitting escape a few times to see if you can get it to open without the regen.