Author Topic: Changing a Stand-Alone License to a Network License  (Read 1552 times)

M-dub

Changing a Stand-Alone License to a Network License
« on: April 28, 2006, 09:09:25 AM »
I'm reading the AutoCAD help files right now, but I thought I'd throw this into theSwamp.

We currently have 3 licenses for AutoCAD.  At the time of the original installation, we decided to make the licenses for the 2 CAD machines Stand-Alone (Locked / Dedicated... whatever you want to call it) and we wanted to keep one license as a floater (Network) License.  I've been working out of the office over the last little while and this has posed a 'problem' to a few people around here.

In my absence, we brought in one other person from my home office to cover for me.  That person used a different machine and therefore, a... the Network license.  There are a few other people onsite who have decided that our current drawing viewer (Bentley View) is too difficult to use to print drawings and they 'need' AutoCAD to do it, but with the single network license already spoken for, they're out of luck.

So, here's the question: (sorry for rambling)
Do we need to contact Autodesk (our reseller) to obtain, or trade in our Stand-Alone Licenses for 2 Network Licenses?

(As I said, I'm going through the help files right now, so I may find out for myself... I just wondered if any of you might know this off the top of your head.)

Thanks a lot!  :)

MikePerry

Re: Changing a Stand-Alone License to a Network License
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »
Hi

Maybe install the following, will allow everyone to Plot from an AutoCAD environment...

DWG TrueView

Have a good one, Mike

t-bear

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »
You will have to contact AutoDork...although your re-seller might be able to help out...........

nivuahc

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 07:23:48 PM »
Contact your reseller. Converting a standalone license to a network license is an additional charge of ~50% of the upgrade cost (according to my reseller).

However, if it were me in your shoes, I would take the advice of Mr. Perry and tell them to just suck it up.

M-dub

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 03:11:57 PM »
Heh, Suck it up, eh?  I've been trying to tell them that for years.  Don't think it's going to happen.  :roll:

(Downloading TrueView as I type)

Thanks guys :)