Author Topic: Encad Cadjet2 plot rotation  (Read 1574 times)

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Encad Cadjet2 plot rotation
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:56:34 PM »
Hi All,
I have recently purchased a second hand Cadjet2 plotter and I'm trying to plot some pdf's to an A2 size on A1 size format paper on the roll feeder.
Basically it needs to be rotated so the long edge of the A2 is along the short edge (the edge going through the plotter) of the media.
I've tried manual rotations, setting the control to printer/software and all sorts of contortions using both the printer and software settings.

Any ideas how to set this up? So far I can get it to rotate the right way but it feeds through the unused portion of an A1 first.

Thanks,
Mick.

"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

BAshworth

Re: Encad Cadjet2 plot rotation
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:58:40 AM »
Are you plotting via Acrobat Reader directly?

I've had very limited success with Acrobat being intelligent and not rotating the content off the page when working with paper sizes larger than 11x17.

What we did with the troublesome ones before we started using Reprodesk, was to convert the PDF to tiff (Acrobat can do this) and either give it a go printing the Tiff itself, or insert it into an Autocad file as an image, and plot it that way.

Certainly not the best solution, and not knowing more about your plotter than I do, most likely much more work than what is needed.

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: Encad Cadjet2 plot rotation
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:09:11 PM »
>> Are you plotting via Acrobat Reader directly?

Yep.
So far I can get it to turn I just can't get it to save the first part of the media. Reading the manual it says to pick a larger page size and turn it manually but still no good.
Thanks BAshworth, if I can't get any joy out of my printing supplier I'll give copying and pasting to Autocad a go.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien