Author Topic: 2006 Install  (Read 2198 times)

whdjr

2006 Install
« on: April 22, 2005, 09:20:56 AM »
I installed ADT2006 at home the other night and did a custom install to see what was different, then I installed at the office the next day and did the typical install.  After the install finished I realized that the Express Tools didn't install at the office but they did install at home.  I have tried to install the Express Tools at the office but AutoCAD won't let me do it after I did a typical install.  

AAARRRRGGGG!!!!!!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Anybody got any suggestions (short of a complete reinstall)?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
2006 Install
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:24:43 AM »
If you put in the cd, is there a choice for Express tools on the Autoloaded Menu that comes up?  Having not loaded 2006 yet, I haven't seen the new menu.  But on older versions, it was there.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

whdjr

2006 Install
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:37:42 AM »
No it's not there anymore.  When you do a custom install it looks kind of like a Microsoft Office install.

*****DING!!!*******DING!!!*******DING!!!*******DING!!!*******DING!!!*******
We have a winner.  I started the install again to give you guys a screen shot of the install menu and it told me to use Add/Remove Programs under the Control Panel to add or remove features.  I used it and it let me add the other features.

KOOL!!!

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
2006 Install
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:39:16 AM »
NICE!! thats good to know since I'm getting ready to do my installs
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

whdjr

2006 Install
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 09:44:31 AM »
I guess this proves the point ever stronger that AutoCAD is "in bed" with Microsoft, "till death do they part".

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
2006 Install
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 10:20:34 AM »
I guess this proves the point ever stronger that AutoCAD is "in bed" with Microsoft

This sucks.  If they wrote Acad for Unix/ Linux again I would dump M$ in a heartbeat.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
2006 Install
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 10:24:23 AM »
I've been saying that since 1999 when Ade$k agreed to kill Actrix if M$ agreed to kill any notions of developing a CADD program, a very real possibility at that time.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
2006 Install
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 11:09:54 AM »
Quote from: TimSpangler
I guess this proves the point ever stronger that AutoCAD is "in bed" with Microsoft

This sucks.  If they wrote Acad for Unix/ Linux again I would dump M$ in a heartbeat.

Have you tried any of the emulators? According to these sites, it may be possible to install Windows and Linux as "dual boot" then boot into Linux, move the dlls' into the Linux path and run under an emulator.

You can read about some mixed results here and here
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

BAshworth

2006 Install
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 11:38:26 AM »
Quote from: Keith
Quote from: TimSpangler

Have you tried any of the emulators? According to these sites, it may be possible to install Windows and Linux as "dual boot" then boot into Linux, move the dlls' into the Linux path and run under an emulator.

You can read about some mixed results here and here

But from what I've read on Win4Lin and WineX, AutoCAD still won't work through them.  IntelliCAD will though.