Author Topic: Looking for a VLX program  (Read 2356 times)

AVCAD

Looking for a VLX program
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:40:36 AM »
Is there a program that can View VLX files???

Also is there a program that can decode Autocad protected Lisp files....theCAD manager here coded all his files for teh company setup and he put in a expiration date for them to stop working....I cant view his files to find the code to take it out....why you ask....because he quit!!

So basically we are SOL right now...  :evil:

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 11:55:53 AM »
nope....encrypted files..
Keep smile...

AVCAD

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 12:15:44 PM »
SO we are S.O.L then huh? No program.. :cry:

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 12:32:40 PM »
VLX files are machine code and while there was a reported decoder, it has not been made public. As far as the AutoCAD Protected Lisp files go, there is something floating around the web....I personally question the ethics of decompiling protected code.

Once upon a time when I worked for a previous employer, I too wrote time delay and specific other criteria for executing the program, one was that I worked there. Once I was no longer employed, the program would likely no longer work because my local account on their server would be terminated.....

Why did I do this ... well it was for several reasons ...

1) I was NEVER compensated for the programming.
2) I compiled all of it at home
3) I specifically designed it to make my job easier, not for my employers benefit.
4) I used code snippets gathered from other sources, such as Cadalog and CadDepot.
5) They were jerks
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 01:22:09 PM »
Don't know if these work but found this in my search......

Bottom of the page :)

* edit by MST *
sorry Ron .......... I had to do blast the link.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

AVCAD

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 03:08:19 PM »
I do agree that the decompiling of code is not a good thing but in case of the guy who coded it....

This was an employment task for him. He was hired as CAD manager to set up standards and toolbars and menus and what not for the company. Which all was done on company time. Now that he is no longer with us...for reasons unknown to me...this has fallen opon someone and that someon is by far not a CAD Manager. He was given th position only because he works in NY already.

I on the other hand use to be a CAD manager and far more qualified for the postion. Anyways....even if this guys could read the code he would have no clue as of what to do with it. SO with the company already knowing that I am the only one that can write code other then the last manager, fixing this is now my problem, so 1 I either break his protection or 2 I have to rewrite everything from scratch and there WAY WAY too much code to rewrite all because of an experation. I mean its so bad that we cant even insert a block with out his code working. The whole system is customized.

All I want to do it take the time experation out.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 03:26:27 PM »
well.... you "could" turn the clock back on your computer ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

AVCAD

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 03:32:06 PM »
That doesnt really work.....does it??

I mean wouldnt I have to turn back the clock in Mobo (bios), just the Windows clock does hold the information for exeration dates....does it??

This would be pretty "gay" if it was. I mean then to get around demo versions of programs all I would have to do is turn the clock back.....

not to mention we are on a server that I believe regulates the time, so that all the computer read the same time.

OH ya that link....none of them worked..unless i am doing something worng...they wouldnt even open the files.