Author Topic: why to draw in acad in scale  (Read 6975 times)

Dent Cermak

why to draw in acad in scale
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 06:56:15 PM »
You haven't seen the "industrial" computers? You could go snorkeling in a sewer main with one of these things and all you would need to do is wipe the chuks off every now and then.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 07:03:52 PM »
digress
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Dent Cermak

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 09:51:33 PM »
Well, you could.

CADaver

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2004, 11:28:25 PM »
Quote from: t-bear
I'll ditto Hangman's comments....I just can't see our welding/fabrication guys with a torch in one hand and a laptop in the other.  Somehow, I just don't think they will co-exist for long......they burn big holes in the prints we DO give them....makes for lots of fun come as-built time...LOL

Our shop has several slave terminals (for those pieces not numerically controlled) with 21" monitors that sit near the machine stations.  The fabricator/welder/machinist can zoom in as close as he needs with a joy stick and a thumb-button.  Very little of our shop work needs paper.  Our field work has reduced it's paper demand as well with several on-site machines loaded with the latest DWF.  And that has in turn reduced field errors in tight areas where a flea dropping can make an elevation 7" instead of 7'.  And if you spill coffee on one of these bad boys you get a heck of a light show.   :wink:  :yikes:

t-bear

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 08:34:08 AM »
Must be nice CADaver....I'm the head of my dept (of 2....) and only rate a 19" screen.... The boys in the shop hang the prints from a cross-tree thingie with cloths pins....no, really!  There ain't no way they'll ever see 'puters out on the floor, unless we toss Dents old '86 out there. LOL
There has been some talk of a terminal with volo or something like it....but so far it's just that, talk.
Maybe this fall when/if we get the new building......

pmvliet

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2004, 07:30:22 PM »
You draw to full scale because you can. In the end it makes life so much easier. I worked at a place where everything was scaled the inverse of 32.
So when they asked me to move something 4 1/2", well it was really .1046...(and this was on r14 :o( )

As everyone stated, it is more accurate and easier. If you are out at a site and want to measure how big a building is, you measure it's width, length and height. If you want to measure how far it is from another building, you measure the distance. Cadd should be no different.
If it is a solar system, College campus or something inside of your cellphone.

Pieter