Author Topic: Document Management DWF style  (Read 1741 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Document Management DWF style
« on: March 09, 2006, 09:11:44 AM »
I got an idea some night, But i was wondering if anyone might have any idea on how to set this up.

- I want to upload dwfs onto a webspace, and have people logon to it and then click on the dwf and it will pop up in a internet explorer view so they can view and plot the drawing.

- do you think this can be done, and how.

Now i was looking at some php document management programs for the web, but i dont know what to do.

Thanks for the help
Civil3D 2020

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Document Management DWF style
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »
Im not a web guy, but that can be done.  My company sold that solution to a few people.  Works with PDFs and DWFs.  I can send you web guys name and number if you want the details
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

hendie

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 03:43:21 AM »
I hate to keep harking back to this but that is possible with Adept, and something that I plan to be putting into action sometime in the future.. when I get a few moments.
An added bonus is that I can send the user a link to the file and with a double click, they are taken straight to the file.
It's going to be used for outsourcers ~ one great benefit is that I can create users groups so that each outsourcer can only see their relevant files, and not anyone elses.. sweet

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »
Got a question...  What is easier to a client to view drawings... either dwf style or pdf or dwg. Just as long as they can click on it and view and print the file. Also, does it just make sense to email and attach the file... prob not, More and more IT pros are locking down there system b/c of the virus etc.

Does it make sense to have an online place where you upload your set and the client can either log on to it and view the file without having to install any extra software or does it make sense for them to download it and go that way.

What do you think. There is a change out there. the question is, what is it and how.

Civil3D 2020

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:00:55 AM »
I hate PDF's, but not b/c they are pdfs, but b/c my plotter has issuses.  I have Adobe 6, and I cannot plot a pdf to 36x24.  Yet, the guy next to me w/Adobe 7 can print the same PDF to 36x24.  I have no problems with DWF files at all.

I prefer the post and login to retrieve method.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)