Author Topic: Updating our Enterprise CUI  (Read 1375 times)

ELOQUINTET

Updating our Enterprise CUI
« on: October 24, 2007, 11:05:25 AM »
I have created an Enterprise CUI which I have all of my users working with but from time to time I need to add stuff to it. I know how to switch the menus so I can edit it. The problem is after I make changes to it users that have been working with it during the time I have been editing it start having problems like their toolbars being blank and such. If they restart their autocad and refresh their workspace all is fine. I'm just wondering how others at large companies are hanling this. Is it best practice to make these changes at the end of the day when the number of users is low or do some people edit a secondary cui then just replace the existing at the end of the day. I don't make many changes to the enterprise but when I do I don't want to have to tell eveyone to close their autocad or wait til the end of the day or have any more cuis to manage. Is there a better solution?

pmvliet

Re: Updating our Enterprise CUI
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:25:43 PM »
I would edit the enterprise CUI off-line and then at the end of the day or at night, run a batch routine which would automatically take your off-line version and copy it over the online version. If you automate this, then you can have the old one kept as a backup just in case something drastic happens...

Then when your users start Autocad the next morning, they have the updates and won't see a loss of productivity.

Pieter

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:14:58 AM »
Hey guys,

I need some help. I am considering doing what the guy told me below but am not sure how to create a bat file. How do I do this?

If you can leave your computer on overnight, try the Scheduled Tasks utility under Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools - > Scheduled tasks. Point it to a .BAT file that contains COPY \file with a carriage return/enter at the end of the file.

eg. COPY c:\temp\enterprise.cui z:\drafting\autocad\support

With the scheduler, you can have it perform the task as a one-time deal or scheduled daily, weekly, et al for a certain time 

sinc

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 05:35:04 PM »
With a text editor.  Notepad should work.

A .BAT file is a simple ascii text file.

Sample contents of file:

Code: [Select]
COPY c:\temp\enterprise.cui z:\drafting\autocad\support

...with a carriage return at the end of the line.