Author Topic: Viewport problem  (Read 2014 times)

ELOQUINTET

Viewport problem
« on: June 06, 2007, 12:39:33 PM »
We have an assortment of wiring diagram which are Xreffed into a standard wiring page. One of the wiring diagrams has grown in size which makes it no longer fit into the viewport window in existing. These pages are often crowded as it is so it often means that what used to fit onto a single page must now be put on 2 pages. Basically what I'm looking for is a way to remind the user that their drawings contain this xref and they need to fix the layout. I was thinking of maybe a reactor that would be activated when printing or publishing that would look check for this drawing/xref and notify the user that they may need to adjust the layout. Is this a feasible thing, does someone have any examples?

ELOQUINTET

Re: Viewport problem
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »
actually it's an xref problem not viewport. I've been brainstorming and looking online for something but no luck yet. what i was thinking of was something that would alert the user when they opened a file with a given name as we never change the name but looking for the xref names would be more dumby proof. if the xref exist in the drawing alert user. i could put this in acad.lsp and it would check everytime. can anyone help me?