Author Topic: Help: Sharepoint and Lisps  (Read 2244 times)

AVCAD

• Newt
Help: Sharepoint and Lisps
« on: December 20, 2023, 11:53:32 AM »
So my Company decided to switch to SharePoint

Is there a way to load lisp files from SharePoint? I cant figure out how to do it and everything i research online is basically telling me dont do it, it wont work...

This will cause problems with my company...as they didn't think about this as well as the Character Limitations....which we have already ran into multiple problems with the way we name and the hierarchy of the folder structures...

Any inside scoops would be great. We dont want the LISP files to be on everyones PC, atleast not the master files i dont care if they are synced they are not editable by anyone.

Thanks in advance.

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
Re: Help: Sharepoint and Lisps
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 12:28:05 PM »
I recommend you use a Onedrive folder to sync the LISP files with the local machines, then load from the Onedrive folder. I can't see any other way to do it personally.
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

57gmc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 12:54:36 PM »
You could have the lisp files on a network server, in a read only folder. Then add the path to each user's Trusted Locations and Support File Search Path. If you have an acad.lsp in there, order the location to the top of the search path. Make sure you are the only one with write rights. You could do something similar with OneDrive. You would have to share the folder with each user and be able to map to the shared folder. The server location is easier to set up an maintain.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 01:01:42 PM by 57gmc »

AVCAD

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 01:06:55 PM »
Thanks guys or gals...

I was afraid of that....we will probably just keep them on the server and load from there.

Thanks again.

57gmc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 01:10:01 PM »
If you set up two Active Directory groups, one with R/W privileges and one read only, then you don't need to distribute them, as I described earlier.

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 07:09:48 PM »
If you want say group1 all, group2 only these people, group3 these people, then you may have to do just that make multiple directories and assign read writes to particular people. Thinking some more may be easier to have multi directories, even duplicating code but the directory is linked to a group so easier to add people to a group with certain rights.

Where I worked 1000 pc's so Group privileges was extensively used.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

d2010

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 09:56:20 PM »
Can you share a video-youtube?
How to syncron OneDrive with Visual-Lisp?
I don~t have any any hint?
I recommend you use a Onedrive folder to sync the LISP files with the local machines, then load from the Onedrive folder. I can't see any other way to do it personally.

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2024, 12:30:07 PM »
Can you share a video-youtube?
How to syncron OneDrive with Visual-Lisp?
I don~t have any any hint?

d2010 - Onedrive will do the work for you if setup for syncing. Other than that, it is just a matter of copying updated files from the admins "Onedrive" folder on their local computer, then it will automatically sync to SharePoint, then Sync to the "Onedrive" folder the end end-user's machine.
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt