Author Topic: Error: Exception in AcCamera.arx ARX Command  (Read 2236 times)

DanB

• Bull Frog
Error: Exception in AcCamera.arx ARX Command
« on: October 30, 2007, 09:30:27 AM »
If/When I open my tool palettes (for the first time in an AutoCAD session) once I pick something in my toolpalettes I get 2 of these errors pop up - Exception in AcCamera.arx ARX Command, Unhandled Exception 7C90EE18 (Access Violation Reading 0x0000) at address 5FC515h and Unhandled Exception 66 (Access Violation Reading 0x0000) at address 5FC5130Bh. Any ideas? This is happening on several workstations running AutoCAD Civil 3d 2008 with SP2. Most of the time you can continue working, however, it has crashed as well.

LE

Re: Error: Exception in AcCamera.arx ARX Command
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
I remember reading about it.... it is a new bug introduced by autodesk

Have a read/look here:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=561915

Josh Nieman

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:44:05 AM »
Yea I ran into that just the other day in acad vanilla when trying to place a couple cameras for poops and giggles.

I restarted Autocad after saving the drawing (had to use the command 'save' instead of qsave or the save button, as the error also seemed to leave a "Command in Progress" error) and everything worked fine after a quick restart of the application.

My first action, actually was copying the AcCamera.arx from another user's computer and replacing mine with it... but that didn't work.  I thought it somehow got corrupted, then I did a search and found the same post LE linked.

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 10:07:11 AM »
Thanks for the link. Doesn't look like Adesk has come up with a fix yet. Good to know we aren't alone in this (I think).