Author Topic: Holes in my corridor surface  (Read 3151 times)

nlund1972

Holes in my corridor surface
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »
I am working on a corridor.  I have the main parts of the streets designed and am now working on the curb returns.  I have assemblies constructed to attach at the lip of gutter, alignments that run along the LOG from the start to end of the return and the 1st 1/2 of the baseline targets the alignment to the north, while the 2nd 1/2 targets the alignment on the west, on the east for the other side.  When I turn my contours on, I wind up with a couple of holes that seem to be at the beginning and end of the alignments, but they don't go to zero.  The go to some arbitrary elevation like 958 when my surface is at 1500.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Holes in my corridor surface
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »
Verify that your baseline vertical alignment is correct, and your target profiles and alignments are also.
If possible post a sample file containing only the problem area.

Also if you turn on only the corridor region in question and flip it over in an ISOMETRIC view, you should see what is dropping down to the incorrect elevation and this in turn should be the clue as to what needs to be adjusted.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

nlund1972

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:50:23 AM »
I think I now have my holes figured out, not sure what I did, but they're not there anymore.  The other related question now, is how do I get rid of the fans on the inside of the radius for the corridor model?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »
That would require either setting a daylight target alignment, such that your daylight projection lines do not overlap as they try to reach the target surface you have them trying to reach. Or define the assembly without daylighting around those corners and let the corridor fill in those areas, as you continue to model it.  And or use the View edit corridor sections and set different (steeper) daylight slopes at those stations so that they daylight sooner and those do not overlap the projection lines.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

nlund1972

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 05:10:26 PM »
I finally figured it out!!  My curb return alignment was not snapped to the end of lip of gutter alignment and was extended out past that.  When I created the corridor, I snapped it to the end of the log alignment and there was an overlap between the two baselines which sent my profile to zero and consequently put a hole in my surface.

P.S.  If a cat always lands on it's feet and a piece of toast always lands butter side down, what happens when you strap a piece of toast to the back of a cat?

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »
. . . P.S.  If a cat always lands on it's feet and a piece of toast always lands butter side down, what happens when you strap a piece of toast to the back of a cat?
you have an open face cat sandwich . . . CADAver will likely share his recipes if you ask

glad you found your solution and welcome to TheSwamp

nlund1972

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Thank you, as far as Cat A-la-carte, we'll have to see what I can stomache.