Author Topic: Adding block from template drawing -WblockCloneObjects- eWasOpenForNotify  (Read 1913 times)

Atook

• Swamp Rat
  • AKA Tim
I'm trying to add a block from a template drawing using WblockCloneObjects, but keep getting an eWasOpenForNotify error.

Code: [Select]
        /// <summary>
        /// Checks if the block definition is in the active drawing, if not, pull it from the template and add it
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="blockName">Name of the block.</param>
        /// <returns></returns>
        public static ObjectId AddBlockDef(String blockName)
        {
            using (Transaction acTr = Active.TransactionManager.StartTransaction())
            {
                BlockTable bt = (BlockTable)acTr.GetObject(Active.Database.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForNotify);
                ObjectId blockId;
                if (!bt.Has(blockName))
                {
                    ObjectIdCollection ids = new ObjectIdCollection();
                    // get the template drawing
                    using (Database dwtDb = new Database(false, true))
                    {
                        string dllPath = System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);
                        String dwtPath =dllPath + @"\AID-Template.dwt";
                        dwtDb.ReadDwgFile(dwtPath, System.IO.FileShare.ReadWrite, true, "");
                        using (Transaction tr = dwtDb.TransactionManager.StartTransaction())
                        {
                            BlockTable dwtBt = (BlockTable)tr.GetObject(dwtDb.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForRead);
                            // does it exist
                            if (dwtBt.Has(blockName))
                            {
                                ids.Add(dwtBt[blockName]);
                            }
                            tr.Commit();
                        }
                    }
                    if (ids.Count > 0)
                    // add it to active drawing
                    {
                        IdMapping iMap = new IdMapping();
                        Active.Database.WblockCloneObjects(ids, Active.Database.BlockTableId, iMap,
                            DuplicateRecordCloning.Ignore, false); //<-- eWasOpenForNotify Error here
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.ShowAlertDialog("\nBlock: " + blockName +" not found.");
                    }
                }
                blockId = acTr.GetObject(bt[blockName], OpenMode.ForRead).ObjectId;               
                acTr.Commit();
                return blockId;
            }
        }

Any ideas?

I got the basis of the code from here. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way? In theory the template dwt file will be in the support path. WblockCloneObjects does seem like a round about way of doing it, but what do I know...  :oops:

gile

• Gator
  • Marseille, France
Hi,

Just quickly looking at the code with the exception type in mind, you can notice:

BlockTable bt = (BlockTable)acTr.GetObject(Active.Database.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForNotify);
Speaking English as a French Frog

Atook

• Swamp Rat
  • AKA Tim
It still crashed changing the read mode to read/write or read.

Apparently Active.Database.WblockCloneObjects can't be called while any transactions are open on the database. I refactored, pulling WblockCloneObjects out of any transactions, and the code started working again.