Author Topic: Briscad  (Read 8295 times)

daron

Re: Briscad
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »
I never noticed that before as I don't use lisp that much but I will when I go full time Bricscad, I'll do some investigation and get back to you Daron.
I appreciate it. I'm trying to load some up for a friend and have no interest in learning the inner workings of BCad just to load up some lisps for him.

Hey Bob, good to see you!

Daron, this is from the Bricscad knowledge base, hope it helps,

Knowledge Base
Autoload lisp files (used to be icad.lsp)

product: Bricscad
version: V8
operating system:
last reviewed: 2007-07-23

Symptoms
Where can I put lisp routines that have to be loaded automatically

Cause

Resolution
** Icad.lsp was changed to offer finer control. It was replaced by 4 auto-loaded files. The files that come with the program in the support folder are

on_start_default.lsp
on_doc_load_default.lsp

while the user created files(in the support folder in the user's documents and settings folder) are

on_start.lsp
on_doc_load.lsp

In order to avoid overwriting changes made by a user, we make a distinction between the default files, which come with the program, and those created by the user.

More information
The ACADLSPASDOC system variable controls whether on_start_default.lsp and on_start.lsp are loaded only at session start or every time a drawing is loaded.
Thanks again. That should help.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »
Hey Bob, good to see you!
And you Mick.  Did you ever get the time to look into Revit Structure?  I've done a couple of projects with it now.  Does pretty good with CDs but not so good with steel detailing.

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 03:16:11 PM »
Not really Bob, I had a play and found it too demanding for our needs, I keep things simple these days to try and concentrate on the job rather than the software, it's made a big difference and I wouldn't say we have lost any production in the end really.
I'm now concentrating on writing tools for vanilla Autocad/Bricscad for how we do things here, you know, like in the old days when there were no fancy verticals ;)
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

gile

• Gator
  • Marseille, France
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »
Hi,

I wrote some little routines equivalent to vl-* AutoLISP functions while I was working on another AutoCAD clone (Intellidesk).

You can find them here, comments are in french but there's one or more example(s) for each routine.
Speaking English as a French Frog

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 11:08:15 AM »
Not really Bob, I had a play and found it too demanding for our needs, I keep things simple these days to try and concentrate on the job rather than the software, it's made a big difference and I wouldn't say we have lost any production in the end really.
I'm now concentrating on writing tools for vanilla Autocad/Bricscad for how we do things here, you know, like in the old days when there were no fancy verticals ;)

Hi Mick, Did you ever get your hands on the DRX sdk?
Dan

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 04:28:26 PM »
Hi Mick, Did you ever get your hands on the DRX sdk?
Dan

Yep, I have a bit of spare time and I bought VS2005 so I'm just starting to do some work now, I can't say too much but the work I'm doing 'should' have little problem being ported between Bricscad and AutoCAD but obviously some AutoCAD specific features are not available, it's more to do with dwg compatability than features so if you don't need things like workspaces and the like which have little to do with the db you should be fine.

I'm just toying with wxWidgets at the moment for use in acad, once I get that sorted it's full steam ahead!
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien