Author Topic: stacked fractions  (Read 4978 times)

ELOQUINTET

stacked fractions
« on: February 24, 2004, 12:16:52 PM »
i am looking for a way to unstack fractions in my leaders because it causes me problems when using the find command. the catch is i would like my fractions to be stacked in my dimensions (horizontally). how could i acheive this globally? thanks

Kate M

stacked fractions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 01:06:29 PM »
If you select a piece of stacked text (within the editor) and right-click, you can select "Stack Properties" from the menu -- this will let you turn off auto-stacking in mtext, but won't affect your dimensions. As far as changing existing fractions...I don't know of an easy way, but maybe somebody else here does. :-)

ELOQUINTET

stacked fractions
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 01:42:16 PM »
yeah i know how to unstack them manually after the fact but am looking for a global solution. is there a command variable for autostack that would change the format of all mtext fractions?

daron

stacked fractions
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 02:02:43 PM »
Dan, the find command is truly an amazing tool if you know how to use it. In Mtext, stacked and diagonal fractions are created by using x#y for horizontal and x^y for diagonal fractions. Therefore, all you have to do is find all mtext items with # and replace them with ^. You can filter what find looks for by selecting the options button and deselecting everything except mtext. Also, if you select the button next to the Search in: pulldown, you can select which items this would apply to.

ELOQUINTET

stacked fractions
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 03:29:59 PM »
daron i tried to do that several times but no matter what i do it says no occurances. what am i doing wrong you think. i've input 3#4 to 3^4. i've done just # to ^. i've gone into options and checked and unchecked things. don't know why it doesn't work, any clue?

daron

stacked fractions
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 04:02:05 PM »
It should work. My only guess is it could be something between versions. Sometimes, the littlest change can make a world of difference.

Stupid ring finger.

Dent Cermak

stacked fractions
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 04:52:17 PM »
verions ??????? Do I have verions in R14??? Which variable controls them ????? Can I get a lisp routine to set them ???? :lol:

ELOQUINTET

stacked fractions
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 08:19:38 AM »
i think dents nipples are getting hard

Dent Cermak

stacked fractions
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 01:42:03 PM »
OOOOOOOHHHHH!! They are perky!!!!!