Author Topic: Tough Questions - Copy Xref Layer Lisp  (Read 5450 times)

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Tough Questions - Copy Xref Layer Lisp
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »
Alternatively, I think (getenv "ACAD") shows all support paths.  :wink:

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »

Yea, but to a normal user who doesn't lisp, I don't think they would know what they are looking at.   :wink:  Don't get too crazy there programmer...
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »

Yea, but to a normal user who doesn't lisp, I don't think they would know what they are looking at.   :wink:  Don't get too crazy there programmer...

True  :lol:

johnshar123xx

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 09:38:35 AM »
Thank you guys for your help, I placed the .dcl file in my autocad 2007 support folder and I loaded the lisp, but when I try to select an object in my xref to copy to my current drawing, the lisp kicks back one of two different responses....

1.) Error-->: no function definition: SINGLESELECT
2.) Error-->: no function definition: GETCURRENTSPACE

I have attached the lisp and the .dcl file, if anyone has the time and knowledge to try this and get it to work, it will be greatly appreciated.  Hopefully this lisp is what I have been searching for.
Again I would just like to be able to NCOPY an entire xref layer to the current drawing by selecting an object in the xref, in one quick step.

Thank you again to everyone who has tried to help me out.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »
Thank you guys for your help, I placed the .dcl file in my autocad 2007 support folder and I loaded the lisp, but when I try to select an object in my xref to copy to my current drawing, the lisp kicks back one of two different responses....

1.) Error-->: no function definition: SINGLESELECT
2.) Error-->: no function definition: GETCURRENTSPACE

I have attached the lisp and the .dcl file, if anyone has the time and knowledge to try this and get it to work, it will be greatly appreciated.  Hopefully this lisp is what I have been searching for.
Again I would just like to be able to NCOPY an entire xref layer to the current drawing by selecting an object in the xref, in one quick step.

Thank you again to everyone who has tried to help me out.

Both of those are in the post where you got the file from.

Quote from: the other post
Here is one I wrote with the help of gile, and then the copy xref layer ( CopyNestedLayer ) was an idea I got from Joe Burke. Here are some subs that are needed for the file.  Let me know if I missed anything.

Just copy them into the lisp file.
Tim

johnshar123xx

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
Thank you for all for your help and special thanks to you T.Willey for being patient and for all your help.

Okay, so I added the two pieces of code to the lisp as you said.
The parts of lisp that work, work absolutely perfect! The lisp copies the objects, on the right layer, with the right linetype, and it does it in one step which is amazing.  The only thing that I have not been able to get to work is getting it to take all the objects on that xref layer and copy it in to my current drawing, it only does one object at a time.  Would like to be able to for example choose a piece of text from an xref, and have the lisp return everything on that text layer from the xref, and bring it in to my current drawing.

Do you know if I am doing something wrong?
Other than that it is EXACTLY what I am looking for.  Thank You

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »
There is more than one command within the lisp file, if I remember correctly.  The one you want to use is ' CopyNestedLayer '.  You're welcome.
Tim

johnshar123xx

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 09:19:54 AM »
SUCCESS!!!!

"copynestedlayer" works great, this is 100% exactly what I was looking for.
This was a real tough one to find and I couldn't have done it without everyones help.
I thank you all for the time and help that you put into solving this problem.

Special thanks to Matt W for leading me to the forum and asking the question in the first place and most of all special thanks to T.Willey for not only writing the lisp but for helping me to get it to work.