Author Topic: Custom Button / Command element ID  (Read 1232 times)

Luke

Custom Button / Command element ID
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:06:20 AM »
Can anybody tell me the significance of the difference between the prefixes of ID_ MM_ and MMU_

Every time I try to create a new button AutoCAD assigns by default a MMU_to it.  If I leave it as it defaults, when I drag the new command onto my toolbar it pulls a different button.  It appears to me as though it is duplicating ID's.

So if I manually reassign the ID it still pulls a different button.  Then my menu crashes and I have to uninstall, and reinstall a back up version.

So confused... :?

Full Version Vanilla 2006
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 11:12:03 AM by Luke »

CottageCGirl

Re: Custom Button / Command element ID
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
I am by no means an expert..but I found at the end of my .mns file, if I didn't update the button names, that would override my manual customizations of the buttons....don't know why/ how..etc...but check the end of your .mns file (or other equivilant)

Luke

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »
See attached video, this is what is happening...

Luke

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:41:58 AM »
I am by no means an expert..but I found at the end of my .mns file, if I didn't update the button names, that would override my manual customizations of the buttons....don't know why/ how..etc...but check the end of your .mns file (or other equivilant)

Yes I understand what you are saying but i don't think we are talking about the same thing.  See video in my above zip.  It might show a little better the problem I'm having.