Author Topic: Startup suite alternatives  (Read 6067 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: Startup suite alternatives
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 03:45:23 PM »
thank ron but i actually figured out what was going on i believe. i had to trace what routines were utilizing that vlx then have the vlx loaded when i typed those keystrokes. i guess it was looking through my entire search path for a connection that didn't exist. it just hadn't gotten to the end where it scratched its head

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »
so the other question i asked is something i've been wondering for awhile now. is there anyway to tell autocad to do a recursive search through all subfolders of a main folder that i put in my supprt path. and if not why. this whole process is an attempt to make configuration a little easier because i inevitably forget something with all there is to do.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 03:55:51 PM »
o i forgot a question i wanted to ask. i like using acaddoc.lsp but would like to move it from program files to where my custom stuff is. if i keep a copy in program files it reads from it first because it is on top in my search path. if i move my custom folder to the top it reads from that but is there any danger in having it read from my custom folder first?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 04:17:04 PM »
so the other question i asked is something i've been wondering for awhile now. is there anyway to tell autocad to do a recursive search through all subfolders of a main folder that i put in my supprt path. and if not why. this whole process is an attempt to make configuration a little easier because i inevitably forget something with all there is to do.

Take a look here:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=9211.msg118838#msg118838

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 05:22:02 PM »
hmmm thanks ron i printed it out and am looking at it and correct me if i'm wrong but i don't really want to load everything i just want to it to be able to find items in recursive folders when i am loading them on demand. i will look at this more thanks for sharing.

hendie

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 03:50:38 AM »
o i forgot a question i wanted to ask. i like using acaddoc.lsp but would like to move it from program files to where my custom stuff is. if i keep a copy in program files it reads from it first because it is on top in my search path. if i move my custom folder to the top it reads from that but is there any danger in having it read from my custom folder first?

I would suggest that you keep the primary acaddoc.lsp where it is. What you can do is keep your secondary acaddoc.lsp, (call it Eloquintetdoc.lsp) and keep that file in your custom folder.
Then in the acaddco.lsp just use (load "mycustomfolderpath\\Eloquintetdoc")
I have a separate file "vbacommands.lsp" where I keep all my vba stuff and I just call that in my acaddoc.lsp ~ (load "vbacommands") ~ keeps things nice and simple.

Regarding your hatch vlx's (I didn't know you could compile a hatch into a vlx so I just learned summat !) ~ are you using autoload for them also ? Doesn't autoload expect both a filename and a command list ? how you apply a command to a hatch pattern ? Have you tried using the plain old "load" command with those files ?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:33 AM »
hendie to answer part 1 of your comments, that's a good idea but either way i have to manually tell it to load my acaddoc.lsp. i'm not concerned about this for my own station but am trying to eliminate the amount of configuration i have to do on other machines. i guess i could add those lines to everyones acaddoc.lsp files if i really need to. now about you vbacommands.lsp what does that look like? i have added parts to load up each vba from acad.lsp using rons method  but as far as keeping things tidy it would make more sense. what does the code look like? answer #2 i found out from talking to my boss that those vlxs are for hatch routines not hatch patterns. the guy who coded most of the stuff was just paranoid and protected everything. they are just routines which allow you to pick the boundary of various custom mlines we have and it hatches inside.

hendie

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »
now about you vbacommands.lsp what does that look like?
Just full of short lisps to call my dvb's
Code: [Select]
(defun C:Cryo (/ Cryo1)
  (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
  (setq Cryo1 "M:/Acad/Utilities/Cryogenics.dvb!GetCryo.ShowCryo")
  (command "vbarun" Cryo1)
  (princ)
)

(defun C:SWB (/ swbd)
  (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
  (setq swbd "M:/Acad/Utilities/Switchboard.dvb!Showsb.Goresb")
  (command "vbarun" swbd)
  (princ)
)
etc etc for each dvb I use

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 12:22:19 PM »
aha i see thanks hendie you've been a big help i'll give this a try

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 12:48:24 PM »
hendie urrrr i'm having some trouble here. i saved this into a lisp called vbaloader then i loaded it from within acad.lsp. when i drop this lisp into acad no error and when i type vmrefl no error but it does nothing. what does the text following get and show refer to? my macro is called doubleshade. i tried different ways but none seem to be working.

(defun C:vmrefl (/ vm)
  (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
  (setq vm "I:\\HOME\\cadfiles\\ACAD\\LSP\\vm_reflected.dvb!Getvm.Showvm")
  (command "vbarun" doubleshade)
  (princ)
)

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 12:58:54 PM »
hmmm from looking at your example it should be vmrefl but when i put that it doesn't work

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »
Oh .. Dan .. I just noticed .. do you use Modatt often?
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 01:21:06 PM »
ha i was wondering how long it would take you to chime in keith. i don't use it all the time but when i do it's a life saver. i use it mostly for change the color of attributes. i can't figure out why hendies method isn't working. i misread where he wanted me to load  vbaloader from. i was putting it in acad.lsp but have now moved it to acaddoc.lsp and still no go. i'm thinking that i call them from my acad.lsp for now so they load on startup but i would like to figure out how to load them on demand as my .dvb library grows i only have about 5 or so now.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 01:25:45 PM »
The code to load Showvm
(defun C:vmrefl (/ vm)
  (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
  (setq vm "I:\\HOME\\cadfiles\\ACAD\\LSP\\vm_reflected.dvb!Getvm.Showvm")
  (command "vbarun" vm)
  (princ)
)

Now all you need to do is put that code in a lisp by itself and autoload that lisp.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 03:18:40 PM »
keith without even involving autoload i drop this code in and type vmrefl and nothing happens. that's what i was trying to figure out. if i am trying to run this i type -vbarun;doubleshade 
so doubleshade is the macro name not vm. we are saving the path as vm. o this is too confusing. the whole reason i wanted to explore this way was so i could have a bunch of small routines for loading my vba stuff inside of one lsp file but you are telling me a need a seperate file for each. i think i will stick with putting a few lines of code to load them at startup as i said before. it may not be the best way but it is working.