Author Topic: C3D 2013 bug  (Read 13726 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: C3D 2013 bug
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 10:38:52 AM »
Here's one for ya. This has happened now 4-5 times, same point. Start the LINE command, switch to 'PN enter '40' as the start point. Looking at the screen shot you'll see where the line actually starts.
yes, however is that a (mal) function of the command or is it related to the point label style on that point?

where is PN 40 really at?
What is a 'mal' function? The coordinates of 40, at the node, are the correct coordinates.
Malfunction...as in the line @ 'PN is picking the wrong coordinates of the point in question to start from.

What happens if you start a line with the coordinates of Point #40 as the origin? (not using the transpearent command)

From above "the coordinates of 40 at the node", the actual point or the insert of the text label component 40?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »
Malfunction...as in the line @ 'PN is picking the wrong coordinates of the point in question to start from.
It doesn't do it all the time and thus far just that point.

What happens if you start a line with the coordinates of Point #40 as the origin? (not using the transpearent command)
The line starts from what i call the node or point. What I would consider the correct location.

From above "the coordinates of 40 at the node", the actual point or the insert of the text label component 40?
So, you're telling me i can change the location of the point, it's coordinates, by changing the text label component?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »
No, I'm asking a question...

is the point label style defined  in such a way that it is being inserted wrong?
Giving the illusion that the 'PN command is starting in the wrong place?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 11:04:29 AM »
No, I'm asking a question...

is the point label style defined  in such a way that it is being inserted wrong?
Giving the illusion that the 'PN command is starting in the wrong place?
I'm going to say no. But i'm a just user. Below is a screen shot of the style it that helps.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 11:10:37 AM »
Is any part of that label anchored to the FEATURE? (the Point)

Or just test typing in the point coordinates for the start point of a line...where does it start when you manually type in the coordinates?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
Or just test typing in the point coordinates for the start point of a line...where does it start when you manually type in the coordinates?
At the node, point or whatever they call that now.

Is any part of that label anchored to the FEATURE? (the Point)
See screen shot. *shrug*