Author Topic: dynamic block attributes disappearing AGAIN  (Read 1573 times)

ELOQUINTET

dynamic block attributes disappearing AGAIN
« on: September 27, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »
hey guys,

i have another user here that is having similar dynamic block problems that i posted here awhile back. I wanted to post this and see if you guys get the same results. when i do a print preview the floor attribute for the upper right label does not appear. if i burst the block it now appears but now it does not appear in the label below when previewing. if i burst this one however the lower left label is not affected. also if you look in the key the detail callout in the elevation label also do not show in the preview but if you switch visibility states and preview again they do. i think i figured out what was going on with the key. if you open up this in the block editor you will see that in this state the symbol is a nested block whereas in the others it is not. the first problem i'm not sure what's going on and the second is fyi. can anybody help me with this because i need to fix this?

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/index.php?dir=dan/&file=DYNAMIC%20BLOCK%20PROBLEM.dwg

Crank

• Water Moccasin
Re: dynamic block attributes disappearing AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 03:43:54 PM »
Tested with versions 2006 and 2007.  No need to burst the block. A copy works fine.

Strange bug.
I've seen the opposite before: things appeared on the plot, that were not visible on the screen.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »
i think i may have discovered the problem. within the keys block there are a couple nested blocks in some of the visibility states. when i burst those blocks and saved the block then erased the existing and reinserted the new block and did a preview again the attributes appear. this is for everyone who may eventually try dynamic blocks. fyi

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:58:39 AM »
just to illustrate my point here's the fixed drawing with the same block and everything works fine just had to burst the nested blocks. i deem this a bug as i should be able to have nested blocks ecspecially ones that don't contain attributes within my dynamic block and not have it affect other blocks in my drawing. beware

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/index.php?dir=dan/&file=fixed%20dynamic%20block.dwg