Author Topic: Windows/Autocad dialog box problem.  (Read 1950 times)

Davie J

• Mosquito
Windows/Autocad dialog box problem.
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:08:37 AM »
Hi.   

We have a problem in our office with 2007. Frequently, the windows dialog boxes (the red box & white cross in the top right) fail to appear. When you have the xref box open you can’t attach anything. You can’t use the hatch command or any other that uses the normal windows boxes.

All the other autocad boxes appear fine, change properties etc (the ones with the white cross in the top left). It only seems to be the windows boxes that have issues.

The maximize viewport button vanishes at the same time.

Dunno if this is a windows problem or an Autocad problem to be honest, but every other program works fine. Quitting out of Autocad and reloading solves the problem but it’s a real pain in the @$$ when you have to quit and reload multiple drawings.  :x

Any Ideas anyone????
I say we take off and nuke the map from orbit :)

Dave R

Re: Windows/Autocad dialog box problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 08:49:47 AM »
Have you installed the latest drivers for your video card?

Hi.   

We have a problem in our office with 2007. Frequently, the windows dialog boxes (the red box & white cross in the top right) fail to appear. When you have the xref box open you can’t attach anything. You can’t use the hatch command or any other that uses the normal windows boxes.

All the other autocad boxes appear fine, change properties etc (the ones with the white cross in the top left). It only seems to be the windows boxes that have issues.

The maximize viewport button vanishes at the same time.

Dunno if this is a windows problem or an Autocad problem to be honest, but every other program works fine. Quitting out of Autocad and reloading solves the problem but it’s a real pain in the @$$ when you have to quit and reload multiple drawings.  :x

Any Ideas anyone????

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 09:11:53 AM »
I had the same problem just yesterday, but closing and restarting CAD fixed it.  In the past it seems I've got a lisp somewhere that turns filedia off, though I've only worked with 05 and below.
filedia 1

(maybe ?)
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

Davie J

• Mosquito
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:09:57 AM »
Drivers are up to date.

It happened again this morning to me so I'm trying to find a cause.

I read that this can happen sometimes if you hit escape when in a lisp command but changing FILEDIA to 1 and CMDDIA to 1 have no effect so this must be a different problem.

Thanks for the info PHX, It gave me a lead to go on.

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:58:50 PM »
some video card have predefined setup...
check on it and select AutoCAD.

also....SP1 for 2007 is available...
Keep smile...

Davie J

• Mosquito
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 07:22:43 AM »
Already had the patch/SP1 for 2007 installed.

I think the problem may have been a list routine that wasn't compatible with 2007. When I my setting migrated from the previous version it brought all the lisp routines I had in the startup suite.

I've since taken them all out and no problems so far. I'll load them all up 1 by 1 over a period of time to find the culprit.

I've a suspicion it may be autosavebackup (saves sv$ as a dwg) that it didn't like.