Author Topic: C3D 2009 - How to get rid of the leading zero in azimuth degrees?  (Read 2720 times)

FengK

A leading zero is added to degrees less than 100. For example instead of 36, it is shown as 036. I could not find the setting to change this behavior. Thanks.

Oh, this is for the General Line Label Style.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:08:07 AM by xycadd »

sinc

Re: C3D 2009 - How to get rid of the leading zero in azimuth degrees?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »
You need to edit the Style.  It's part of the contents.  So you have to go into the contents of your label, into the Label Style Composer, and set the formatting options correctly.  Remember to hit the arrow to add your new reference to the label on the right side of the Label Style Composer.

You can also change the default setting used when creating new labels.  In Drawing Settings -> Ambient Settings, there is an option in both "Angle" and "Direction" for "Drop Leading Zeros for Degrees".  Note that this will not affect any labels you have already created - to change existing labels, you have to edit the contents of the style in the Label Style Composer.

FengK

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 02:37:33 PM »
Thanks sinc. Just ran into something else bizarre. The two labels have the same style, but one shows the 00" and the other doesn't. Why?

sinc

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 02:44:49 PM »
In the picture you posted, both labels have the 00" on the azimuth...

Dent Cermak

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 02:59:02 PM »
DOH!!! Don't you hate it when that happens!!  :roll: :evil:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »
show us the other two labels
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

FengK

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:06:02 PM »
In the picture you posted, both labels have the 00" on the azimuth...
sorry, i had been staring at the drawings too hard. that was delusion. but there is a problem with the label on top. the leader should always be above the azimuth which should be above the distance.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 08:23:42 PM »
does a Flip label work?

could be you need to change the Anchor component of that direction arrow
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

sinc

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Parcel Labels in C3D are something of a pain.  Unfortunately, the direction of the original linework used to create the Parcels affects the labels, and creates things like this.

I think you can get what you want, but it involves a very roundabout way.  The trick is to use an invisible text component on the line, which will flip "plan readable".  Then you need to attach your visible Azimuth and Distance components to this invisible text component.  You will probably also have to select the option to "Flip anchors with Text".  Then you should get a label that flips the way you want.

The only other alternative is to do like Michael suggests, and use "Flip Label" as-needed.  This option works as long as you don't have a bunch of viewports twisted to different orientations.

FengK

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:22 PM »
does a Flip label work?

thanks. yes, i'm really glad flip worked.

FengK

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 11:52:09 PM »
I think you can get what you want, but it involves a very roundabout way.  The trick is to use an invisible text component on the line, which will flip "plan readable".  Then you need to attach your visible Azimuth and Distance components to this invisible text component.  You will probably also have to select the option to "Flip anchors with Text".  Then you should get a label that flips the way you want.

thanks sinc. i'll be sure to give this a try.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 10:47:04 AM »
sinc, I was also hinting at your solution with the suggestion of changing the Anchor component.  I should have been more explicit.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

sinc

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
The "ninja" component to the trick is creating the "dummy" text component with visibility turned off.  Even though you can't see it, the text in that component will flip plan-readable.  So if you attach your visible text components to the invisible text components, and set it so the anchors flip with the text, then the label should always display the azimuth on top, no matter how the view twists.

At least, that's the theory...   :lol:

I've run into unexpected quirks using tricks like this.