Author Topic: Possible Solution to 2009 Publishing crashes  (Read 1064 times)

KewlToyZ

Possible Solution to 2009 Publishing crashes
« on: May 29, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
I figured I would post this here in the hopes of helping verify my findings so far.

It would appear legacy MTEXT objects from older versions used in our standards for cover sheets & details. The usual attampts to audit/recoverall/ect... are not able to fix this issue.
Copying the text directly from the MTEXT editor and pasting it into a new MTEXT entity in a new drawing seems the only way to fix it.

If any of you know some other means to detect or repair them I am all ears.
Let me know if you are able to repair projects causing this crash in similiar ways.
Thanks fo your time  ;-)

sinc

Re: Possible Solution to 2009 Publishing crashes
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »
I have had a lot of problems publishing in C3D ever since the 2008 release.  And the problems seem to have gone down lately.  We changed a lot of the appearance in our drawings here over the last year, including moving to TTFs, and I redid a whole bunch of our standard MTEXT notes.

Until now, I hadn't thought to equate the two...  But now you have me wondering.

James Cannon

Re: Possible Solution to 2009 Publishing crashes
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:39:56 PM »
Heck, even when 'publish' "works" I don't like it... it messes up Fields within xref's all the time, among other nitpicks.

Writing my own 'publish' utility has been on my "backburner to-do list" that just... seems to get longer and longer...