Author Topic: FATAL ERROR Opening Drawing in Land Desktop 2008  (Read 3446 times)

kalei

FATAL ERROR Opening Drawing in Land Desktop 2008
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:29:21 AM »
No one in any other forum has been able to help so far....
This problem occurs in Land Desktop 2008, and it seems to be just my computer.

When opening all existing drawings I get a "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e067363h Exception at 7c812aebh" and the autocad shuts down. Usually I can recover the drawing and open it and work on it but not always.  Sometimes when recovering the drawing there are errors that of course get fixed but other times it says there are no errors.  When I re-save, close and try to open again I get the same fatal error.  The only way to open the drawing is by recovering it.

I created a new drawing as a test.  If there's nothing in the drawing it opens up just fine.  I drew a dozen lines and re-saved.  Now when I open the drawing and as the drawing is loading, it prompts me and says "Drawing1.dwg is not associated with a project. Do you want to select or create a project for this drawing?" Yes or No. If I click "no" the drawing opens up fine, if I click "yes" I get the same fatal error and Autocad shuts down.  HELP!

kalei

Re: FATAL ERROR Opening Drawing in Land Desktop 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »
I am responding to my own post here as in the other locations I tried to find help.

I was having some other problems with my Land Desktop 2008 previously so I thought that re-installing my program might fix any and all problems I was havnig.  I believe that after doing the AutoCAD re-install, a default "land projects 2008" folder was created in my drawing directory.   I currently keep all of my drawings in a folder called just "land projects" instead of "land projects 2008" since it’s no longer 2008 (I know it’s the name of the program). Since then, when opening any AutoCAD drawing, now that the new folder land projects 2008 was created, AutoCAD may have been looking in it for something. I don't know what, because it's completely empty.  To fix this problem, all I had to do was delete that "land projects 2008" folder and my drawings opened up fine. There's probably some other issues associated with deleting this folder, but I'll have to figure it out as it comes.

kalei

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Now that we've fixed the problem, we now partially believe this occurs because we (our offices) continuously work on our drawings between our various office locations around the country which are causing what seems to be these "project association" errors. The Land Desktop drawing file seems to be constantly looking for the original location where it was created. If anyone knows a solution to this problem I'd greatly appreciate it, unless moving to Civil 3D is the only one.

sinc

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:37:50 AM »
When you move drawings, are you moving the Project files, too?

Depending on how you have Land Desktop configured, you either have your Drawings in a /dwg folder inside the overall Project folder, or you have your Drawings and Project files in two different places.  We always configured LDT the first way, with our drawings in the /dwg folder inside the overall Project.  Then, if you want to move the Project to another office, just move the entire directory.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:57 AM »
Now that we've fixed the problem, we now partially believe this occurs because we (our offices) continuously work on our drawings between our various office locations around the country which are causing what seems to be these "project association" errors. The Land Desktop drawing file seems to be constantly looking for the original location where it was created. If anyone knows a solution to this problem I'd greatly appreciate it, unless moving to Civil 3D is the only one.

You will want to use the Land Desktop Project Managment tools to MOVE thse files. (Projects)
This will then prompt the user to alter the project paths of the drawings, which you will want to do; unless you have Identical drive and directory mappings in both offices.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

kalei

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 09:22:14 AM »
I'm not familiar with the project management tool that allows you to move drawing files, but thanks for your advice I'll look into it.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 11:44:06 AM »
I'm not familiar with the project management tool that allows you to move drawing files, but thanks for your advice I'll look into it.

When you need to create a new project, use the Project Manager (on the Projects menu, click Project Manager)

Then chose Move or Copy Project, a message will appear stating that there are Drawings in the folder, and if you want the Project associativity to be changed, answer YES and all will go just fine.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/