Author Topic: Stupid Profile Missing  (Read 4529 times)

SaMo2

Stupid Profile Missing
« on: August 14, 2006, 04:27:19 PM »
 :-(
Our office got a new server this weekend and upon starting up my computer this morning, my normal layout for ADT2006 toolbars and file menus was totally jacked up!

Some info:
- We used to be on a peer-to-peer network and now we are on one singular server running Window Professional
- They didn't leave alone my C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\ADT 2006\enu
- They created a new one just like it, but they changed it to C:\Documents and Settings\ScottM\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\ADT 2006\enu
- I changed the profile and MENULOADed the acad.mnu and acetmain.mnu files
- When I shut down and re-start ADT, the stuff I had loaded and saved as a User Profile aren't there
- All of my fun little add-ons I had in the StartUp Suite in APPLOAD are trash and won't load

I feel like they should have migrated al of this stuff, but now there are like 3 different places this stuff could be!!!

What do I do? I want my old setup back!!!

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Stupid Profile Missing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:29:22 PM »
Are you starting AutoCAD from a shortcut? If you are, you are likely pointing it to the wrong profile. If you set the correct profile in AutoCAD, then start it from a shortcut that does not point to a profile, you will not have the problem.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

SaMo2

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 04:35:46 PM »
 :?
OK...
If I set the profile right, where do I find an icon that I can make a new shortcut to that will head me in the right direction?
I know it might have something to do with right-clicking on the shortcut and going to Proprties and chaning up the file path there...
but I would know where to point it to!

Thank you... I need more info

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 04:38:19 PM »
On the icon you currently click to open AutoCAD, simply right click on it then select "Properties" then select "find target" Once you have that, simply right click the executable and select "Send To" then "desktop as shortcut".
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

SaMo2

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 05:00:59 PM »
 :lol:

OK... YOU ROCK.

Why was that so freekin hard?

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 05:46:36 PM »
deja vu

... all over again
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »

SaMo2

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 07:03:23 PM »
 :x
I don't know if I got dissed or just missed an inside joke...
 :whistle:

Dinosaur

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 07:15:42 PM »
Knowing this bunch, I would say the latter.  Intentional "dissing" except in jest between friends is virtually unheard of in TheSwamp and never tolerated. :wink:

Jim Yadon

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »
Very true Din0

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 02:37:42 AM »
SaMo2 ,
trust me, if I was dissing you, you'd know .. :lol:   at least I hope you would ... :-)

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

SaMo2

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 10:50:52 AM »
word up  :mrgreen:

SaMo2

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »
 :-(
Another shocking relavation this morning - CAN'T FIND MY PEN SETTINGS!

We used to have a whole bunch of .ctb settings we used on page setup, but now they don't show up...

Do I need to re-assign some path somewhere? This is wierd and disturbing, like Kerry Brown ;-) I'M just kidding!!!)

Any ideas?  :?

Dinosaur

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 11:39:21 AM »
It does sound like your pathing got hosed.  I'm still clueless where to do it in 14 but in 13 under preferences there was a box in the environment tab to type in all of your folders in your support path.

pmvliet

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 01:20:33 PM »
your pentable search path is not set correct. It too is probably looking at your personal documents folder.
If you have it on the network, you need to change that search path.
It will be the first tab under tools, options....

My AutoCad hasn't come in yet, or I'd tell you the exact path that needs to be modified. Wait, I have LT and that should be the same.
Under Printer Support File Path, you will have a sub-folder called Plot Style Table Search Path... update this one to be where your ctb's or stb's are located. You do have to restart AutoCad for this to get re-read by AutoCad.

Pieter

CADaver

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 04:56:58 PM »
Intentional "dissing" except in jest between friends is virtually unheard of in TheSwamp and never tolerated. :wink:
ummm.... which "Swamp" would "THAT" be??

Dinosaur

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »
ummm.... which "Swamp" would "THAT" be??
That would be this one right here.  I feel this place to be a very safe haven and have recommended it as such to several people who have subsequentially become members.  There is a lot of banter between folk who respect each other, but very little outright meanness and it seems like quick action is taken when this does occur with either administrative action or more likely, the of fendeer being called out by another member.  If anywhere near the level of mutual respect members of TheSwamp have for each other were present in the Autodesk Newsgroups or augi, I would post in both far more frequently than I do here.  As in any family, which I think TheSwamp essentially is, there will always be moments of discord.  Very few of these incidents result in more than a temporary exchange rather than permanent hard feelings.  Of late there HAVE been at least two members leave very publicly, but that is not what I have found to be "normal" at TheSwamp.  If you have some observations that show me to be in error, I would be pleased to discuss them with you.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 06:30:30 PM »
...... I would be pleased to discuss them with you.

Oh you just made him perk up quicker than if someone yelled "Ferret recipes!  Get your Ferret recipes!"

SaMo2

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 07:07:49 PM »
 :-o

Dudes... get a room or something...
This thread was originally about my missing settings and whatnot.

CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?!
 :cry:

Dinosaur

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 07:26:17 PM »
. . . CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?!
Look and learn . . . I think we are all getting along famously.  Randy and I may not realize it yet, but we are both coming from the same direction with only a slight difference in path keeping us from realizing it.    A debate with CADaver is an experience to be savored (well, after the fact anyway) and while joining in may not be the best idea for the faint of heart, some of the best threads to be found in TheSwamp were started by or morphed into one of these debates.

SaMo2

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »
 :lol:

Dinosaur

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 07:36:13 PM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 07:39:54 PM by DinØsaur »

CADaver

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »
...... I would be pleased to discuss them with you.
  Oh you just made him perk up quicker than if someone yelled "Ferret recipes!  Get your Ferret recipes!"
I had bait hit real hard before, but that was the best yet, and fast.

Dinosaur

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 09:11:39 PM »
Uh,oh . . . Randy is writing a thesis . . . I may be extinct DinØ walking.

CADaver

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 09:39:16 PM »
Look and learn . . . I think we are all getting along famously.  Randy and I may not realize it yet, but we are both coming from the same direction with only a slight difference in path keeping us from realizing it.
[FoghornLeghorn] It was a joke son, a joke.[/FoghornLeghorn]
I was just saying very nearly the same thing in another thread this afternoon, but what do I know.

A debate with CADaver is an experience to be savored (well, after the fact anyway) and while joining in may not be the best idea for the faint of heart, some of the best threads to be found in TheSwamp were started by or morphed into one of these debates.
Savored?? hmmm... That's an opinion that may not be shared by all, but I know what you mean.
Some of the best?? With that I have to agree, even those where I was handed my keester, but then I may be biased... may be.

CADaver

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 09:43:22 PM »
Uh,oh . . . Randy is writing a thesis . . . I may be extinct DinØ walking.
Fooled ya'

Dinosaur

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 10:31:52 PM »
. . . I was just saying very nearly the same thing in another thread this afternoon, but what do I know.
I saw it . . . I wasn't going in unarmed . . . :wink:

. . . Savored?? hmmm... That's an opinion that may not be shared by all, but I know what you mean . . .
If nothing else, it is great mental exercise . . . I am installing Civil 3D 2007 and Vault quite soon and have grown slow and soft trying to kick this bronchitis / pneumonia hybrid.  I was fishing for a tuneup to help get my edge back before tackling that monster.

. . . Some of the best?? With that I have to agree, even those where I was handed my keester, but then I may be biased... may be.
Even observers on the sidelines get drawn in at times and start having and expressing real opinions which sometimes nail down the whole topic.  I enjoy watching what may start out as an afterthought perhaps even posted "by accident" take hold and eventually mature into a real original idea or opinion as others press and question its ramifications.  The best part is all you have to do is pay attention and you will learn and whether you win or lose the topic, if you learn something, you have won.

. . . Fooled ya'
OK, I concede :-)

CADaver

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 11:13:46 PM »
. . . I was just saying very nearly the same thing in another thread this afternoon, but what do I know.
I saw it . . . I wasn't going in unarmed . . . :wink:
Ahh Forewarned is forearmed

If nothing else, it is great mental exercise . . .
The only exercise I get..

I enjoy watching what may start out as an afterthought perhaps even posted "by accident" take hold and eventually mature into a real original idea or opinion as others press and question its ramifications.  The best part is all you have to do is pay attention and you will learn and whether you win or lose the topic, if you learn something, you have won.
Ain't it cool??

OK, I concede :-)
Oh, too quick.

Dinosaur

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 01:23:23 PM »
Quote from: CADaver link=topic=11785.msg147302#msg147302
Oh, too quick
No, you have a better one started elsewhere and you did fool me.  I thought you would at least try to invent some flaw to expose in my opening statement.  I just got into this thread to assure our friend that TheSwamp was not a hostile place and then I went and spooked him myself.  I think now he has the idea that this was all for the joy of it and not the opening shots of battle.

CADaver

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »
No, you have a better one started elsewhere and you did fool me.  I thought you would at least try to invent some flaw to expose in my opening statement. 
Who me?? "INVENT" a flaw?? Naw, not me.  I just expose that ones that are already there.  ;)

I just got into this thread to assure our friend that TheSwamp was not a hostile place and then I went and spooked him myself. 
Well somebody had to do it sooner or later, right?

I think now he has the idea that this was all for the joy of it and not the opening shots of battle.
True, and maybe he's got a clue what those opening shots might look like so he can recognize 'em later.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006, 02:32:38 PM »
You guys haven't met Sam yet obviously.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006, 02:57:58 PM »
You guys haven't met Sam yet obviously.

*SNICKER*