Author Topic: What do YOU do with those error reports  (Read 5829 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: What do YOU do with those error reports
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »
In my acad.lsp (setvar 'reporterror 0)  :wink:

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

DaveW

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 10:12:46 AM »
In my acad.lsp (setvar 'reporterror 0)  :wink:

Nice.

I crash, more than I would like to. These drawings I am in are quite large and many of the users are on 2007. It is not enough for me to make sure they have the latest service pack for the drawings to be stable in 2002, I have to use the code Chuck wrote (in the vb/vba area) to remove the proxies for the 2007 drawings too. Only then do they become fairly stable. I do not get that option running 2002. It almost makes you think they did it intentionally to get people off 2002. lol

sinc

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »
It almost makes you think they did it intentionally to get people off 2002. lol

That sort of thing has crossed my mind more than I care to admit.  Sharing data among versions in the Civil world is SO BAD that it  seems like they've decided it's not worth their effort to even worry about interoperability AT ALL...  Just tell the entire world to upgrade to the new version all at the same time and expect them to do it, and no need to worry about sharing data with Bentley users at all...  After all, why would anyone want or need to use anything but Civil-3D?  :cry:

daron

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »
Well, after crashing once today, I decided to turn off autosave. I know what you're saying; "That's crazy!!!". Well, I haven't seen one crash in over 4 hours since turning it off. I save pretty regularly anyway, so I don't need autosave in there causing problems. Who knows, maybe it's not autosave, but I'm banking on most of my problems with all the crashes having come from two calls happening at the same time and Autocad not knowing how to handle that.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 03:53:31 PM »
Those of you who don't crash very much...obviously do not keep enough drawings open at the same time.....if you did, crashing w/ pan would work allllll the time...

as far as monitors goes....I have one 19" and would love to go bigger
but does it count that my existing monitor is 22" deep?????  I think it is older than me!!! :-)

daron

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 07:08:28 PM »
While acad has crashed less today than previous days, here's my latest report.
Moving a wall
Well, I was moving a wall.
It hung for several minutes.
I checked my email and read a couple of items on a cad forum.
finally, it crashed.
Actually, it still hasn't cleared from the screen yet.
Will this ever end?
As you can tell, I'm getting to the point of going batty with these things.

• Bull Frog
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 09:05:58 AM »
The last time I sent 4 line of verbal abuse without managing to repeat myself, ending by suggesting that they could shove the said offending in a location that would require the services of a vet to recover!!
Alastair Mallett Autodesk Certified Professional
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

Cathy

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »
I almost never bother with AutoCad, but I always send the report when in Inventor.  And I almost always get a response from Autodesk on the Inventor crashes.  I've never had a response from an AutoCad crash report. 

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »
Well, after crashing once today, I decided to turn off autosave. ........................

I'd like to know your results {over a period of time} of this experiment ..
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

sinc

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
The last time I sent 4 line of verbal abuse without managing to repeat myself, ending by suggesting that they could shove the said offending in a location that would require the services of a vet to recover!!

I haven't sent them verbal abuse, but back when they did that disastrous rollout of 2007 (the initial version crashed constantly on save, causing all work since last save to be lost), I was getting pretty upset.  I finally put in a comment that said "Q)What's the difference between Autodesk software and a drunk driver? A) Drunk drivers crash less often".

A week later I got an email saying I "seem to be suffering from a problem" they had identified, and asking if I wanted to test out the beta of the hotfix for it....  :-D

As for Autosave, that caused issues with Civil-3D 2007, so I turned it off, too.  I've kept it turned off ever since, so I don't know if they fixed the problem or not in 2008.