Author Topic: Tools, Options, User Pref., Right Click Customization broken?  (Read 6014 times)

rktect3j

I think it's broken.  Every morning so far I come in and start autocad 2008.  I have set up in tools, options and under many tabs have made modifications that remain changed.  But for some reason my right click customizations which I change to "repeat last command, repeat last command, and enter" revert back to "shortcut menu, shortcut menu and shortcut menu".  WTF  Is there a bug in 2008 or is it just me?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Tools, Options, User Pref., Right Click Customization broken?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »
Take a look at the SHORTCUTMENU variable....maybe something is setting it at startup.

From the help file:
 Disables all Default, Edit, and Command mode shortcut menus, restoring AutoCAD Release 14 behavior.

Enables Default mode shortcut menus.

Enables Edit mode shortcut menus.

Enables Command mode shortcut menus whenever a command is active.

Enables Command mode shortcut menus only when command options are currently available at the command prompt.

Enables display of a shortcut menu when the right button on the pointing device is held down longer

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

rktect3j

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »
So,.....which one do I want? :|

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »
I think 0....like R14 behavior.

Custom Build PC

rktect3j

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »
I think 0....like R14 behavior.
That is what it is set to.  I will turn off the autocad and reopen it and take another look to see if it changes.

rktect3j

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 10:50:57 AM »
Very odd.  That was the first time I restarted my autocad and it did not revert back to the other shortcut modes.  I didn't change anything that I know of, not intentionally anyways.

rktect3j

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 11:40:29 AM »
wtf?  WTF already?  SOB and holy crap.  WTF is wrong with this damm thing?  Now I can't double click on my mtext and have it start in the edit mode.  Freakin acad 2008 POS. 

I think I need to go apply at the local grocery store for a job.  I think I still remember how to bag groceries unless they changed the way that works too.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 11:56:34 AM »
wtf?  WTF already?  SOB and holy crap.  WTF is wrong with this damm thing?  Now I can't double click on my mtext and have it start in the edit mode.  Freakin acad 2008 POS. 

I think I need to go apply at the local grocery store for a job.  I think I still remember how to bag groceries unless they changed the way that works too.

Are you sure it's not a PEBKAC error?  :-D

Custom Build PC

rktect3j

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 12:06:07 PM »

What's that?  Operator error?

rktect3j

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »

What's that?  Operator error?

Most likely.  I had turned off the box above "right click customization"  The "double click" box.  Then went into right click customization.  Now I turned it back on and I have my previous problem to solve yet but its better then that and the new problem.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 12:10:46 PM »

Careful... I think he's about to autosnap!!  :-D

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »
wtfWTF already?  SOB and holy crap.  WTF is wrong with this damm thing?  Now I can't double click on my mtext and have it start in the edit mode.  Freakin acad 2008 POS

[ http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=9202.0 ]
Posts that contain the use of words considered insulting, rude or vulgar in meaning (this includes acronyms that are typically used to represent profane words or statements)

I can handle a lot of this in the private forums but please try and keep it out of the public forums.

thanks

Paper or plastic? :-)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

rktect3j

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 02:54:34 PM »
Oops.  Sorry bout that.  Feel free to either edit or delete as required.  :oops:

Dr. After

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 02:35:48 PM »
I am having a similar problem with AutoCAD 2007.  I just had our wonderfully diligent IT department set me up on the new machine.  In order to get the right click to do anything at all, whether it be like R14 or any new shortcut menu, I had to turn on the shortcut menu option.  Then I had to turn on the "time sensitive" right click.  Now it works just like R14 where you get either the repeat last command or ENTER and no matter how long you hold down the right button it never does the shortcut menu.  I have never had it this fouled up, but it is absolutely bonkers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:48:00 AM by Dr. After »