Author Topic: UNITS  (Read 1419 times)

BREZI

UNITS
« on: December 04, 2006, 09:38:54 AM »
Do any of you guys have a wee script that set's units automatically to decimal & millemeters, every time a drawing opens.

My Acad keeps setting stuff to architectural, it's doing ma heed in man!!  :pissed: :pissed:

cheers for help.

Re: UNITS
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:43:16 AM »
What ACAD are you using?  Vanilla, ADT, ABS, LDT??

I know ABS has a Drawing Setup dialog (pretty sure ADT has it too, since ABS is built on top of ADT) that allows you to set default units.  You can get to it via Format -- Drawing Setup.  It's on the first tab.

BREZI

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 10:00:31 AM »
It's ABS, and im sure ive done that, but I will check.

Also ABS will not keep my profile as default, it keeps going back to teh AutoCAD one.

Wierd, I will sort it, just takes time getting used to new software.

BREZI

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 10:02:07 AM »
It's even wierder than that, cos it's doing it to drawings that have already been setup!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 10:25:16 AM »
Try setting the units to whateve you want, then be sure to check the SAVE AS DEFAULT box in the lower-left, then click APPLY, then click OK.  Now open a drawing and check the units.  They *SHOULD* be set to whatever you set them to in the Drawing Setup dialog box.

pmvliet

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 12:43:30 PM »

Also ABS will not keep my profile as default, it keeps going back to teh AutoCAD one.

If your profile keep changing. Check the icon you are using and see if there is a /p after acad.exe"
One may be specified or you may want to specify the one you'd like it to use....

Pieter