Author Topic: A fellow Swamper needs your thoughts and prayers  (Read 25276 times)

M-dub

Re: A fellow Swamper needs your thoughts and prayers
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »
Very good news.
It is, indeed!  :)

There has to be a hospital somewhere that has decent food with some taste. :|
I actually quite enjoyed most of the food I had while in the tiny little hospital in our tiny little town.  It may have had more to do with how low my expectations were.

caddcop

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »
Great News!

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
This is great news.  Heres wishing for a continued speedy and full recovery.
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »
More good news!

I just got off the phone with Sinc. He's still fairly weak, but gaining strength every day. He said he's hoping to be back at work in a week, or two at the most. So I'd say he's definitely feeling better! And I did tell him about all the well wishes being sent. I'm pretty sure that he still doesn't have access to the internet, but I will be sure to point him here and to the similar thread over on the Autodesk C3D forum once he can access them.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
That's awesome Jeff. So good to hear, and grateful you can share it with us. Thank you, and continued prayers for swift and thorough recovery. Michael.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Dent Cermak

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
Tell him to check over at Beer Leg/ Surveyor Connect also. I have been reposting your info over there too. He has a lot of well wishers there too.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »
That's awesome Jeff. So good to hear, and grateful you can share it with us. Thank you, and continued prayers for swift and thorough recovery. Michael.
Ditto. 
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 06:39:09 PM »
Thanks, Dent, will do. I had thought about posting over there but had never posted on that site before...wasn't sure of their protocol.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »
Their "protocol" is probably the sane as here, so there would be no problems posting there. Another group of good people talking about what they do and trying to learn how to do it better. Probably half the folks on there are the CAD Monkeys. AND like this site, they are very concerned when one of the posters goes down like Sinc did.
Beer Leg or Surveyor Connect would be a good site for anyone here in the survey drafting end to peruse from time to time. A lot of good info is available there too. They are not as much into the engineering stuff and LISP programming , but are more of the small one or two guys in the field trying to make a living types.
If you follow one site you are missiing a lot. There are MANY sites out there, The trick is to find the best ones. For the programming power user, this is the place to be, for the Surveying and Mapping CAD Tech, Surveyor Connect has a lot to offer, put them together and you have some awesome tools.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 08:26:38 AM »
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dent Cermak

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:48 AM »
Jeff_M, heard anything lately about Sinc????

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »
Yes, Dent, sorry. I had meant to post this yesterday and got caught up in a work emergency.

I spoke with Sinc's Dad Tuesday evening. They changed his medication and his body seems to be really liking it as he's showing more improvement. He still is facing a long recovery period, but they are all quite optimistic for a full recovery. I hope to talk with Sinc again this weekend.

Will post more as I know more, in a more timely manner.

deegeecees

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2012, 10:18:54 AM »
More good news.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
verry good to hear!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
Looks like I posted too soon, as I just got off the phone with Sinc's sister, Rinah. Today is not a good day, I guess he's been having some good and others not so good. Richard's liver has stopped responding to treatment now, and the enzymes are saying he's at the 19% survival level. The docs have decided to move him to a chronic care facility for 90 days since there is nothing more they can do except continue administering the medicines and hope they begin to work better. He is not a candidate for a transplant. I'm stunned and can't add any more.

Sounds like he needs all the help from above that he can get.

Come on, Sinc! We are all praying for your speedy return to good health!