Author Topic: "_Stepout" command  (Read 3691 times)

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
"_Stepout" command
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:47:28 AM »
How do I export a drawing to stp file?
I tried the "_Stepout" command but its "setpout translation" dialog popped up.
Thanks in advance.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: "_Stepout" command
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
What version of ACad are you using? My ACA 2013 does not have a StepOut command.

Other than that, you could try turning filedia=0 before calling it. Or even perhapos cmddia. Just remember to turn them back on.

You might also want to see if initcommandversion does anything for you. Sorry, I can't test this for you as my ACad does not have that command.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »
How do I export a drawing to stp file?
I tried the "_Stepout" command but its "setpout translation" dialog popped up.
Thanks in advance.
As far as I know, there  is no OOTB AutoCAD command to export to a step file (maybe I'm wrong).
I have had **applications that allowed me to create a step file though, but it was version specific and was expensive.

** They were from SYCODE and they were called STEPImport and STEPExport

Are you running a third party application?
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:23 PM »
What version of ACad are you using? My ACA 2013 does not have a StepOut command.

Other than that, you could try turning filedia=0 before calling it. Or even perhapos cmddia. Just remember to turn them back on.

You might also want to see if initcommandversion does anything for you. Sorry, I can't test this for you as my ACad does not have that command.
Thanks irneb.
I forget the "****dia" system variables.
It works when the "cmddia" is set to 0.
I have AutoCAD Mech 2013. Maybe the "_stepout" is the mech command.
And I think that "initcommandversion" has been removed from the recent autocad versions. I remember that it was available with v2009.

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »
As far as I know, there  is no OOTB AutoCAD command to export to a step file (maybe I'm wrong).
I have had **applications that allowed me to create a step file though, but it was version specific and was expensive.

** They were from SYCODE and they were called STEPImport and STEPExport

Are you running a third party application?
I don't have 3rd party apps.

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 02:22:41 AM »
Thanks irneb.
I forget the "****dia" system variables.
It works when the "cmddia" is set to 0.
Glad it works for you. Though officially it "should" have been FileDia, at least from help it should. But again one of those inconsistencies we constantly find in acad.

After some research, StepOut does seem to be a Mech-only command. Also available in Inventor or through 3rd party apps. Apparently it used to be available in some acad versions prior to 2004, but has since been discontinued (except for in Mech)
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:08:41 AM »
I have AutoCAD Mech 2013. Maybe the "_stepout" is the mech command.
Well that explains it, cool.
That's good to know too, sometimes we're looking to convert to a step file and I believe we have designers with Acad mech.
I do have inventor too just in case.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023