Author Topic: Autocad Crashes While Running a Lisp on The Startup Suite  (Read 2411 times)

Brick_top

Autocad Crashes While Running a Lisp on The Startup Suite
« on: November 13, 2015, 04:37:24 AM »
Hi there.

How can I remove any lisps from starting automatically without running autocad?

thanks

Brick_top

Re: Autocad Crashes While Running a Lisp on The Startup Suite
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 04:47:21 AM »
I fixed it but I had to reset my autocad settings from the start menu options

thanks

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 09:05:17 AM »
You might want to consider setting up an Acaddoc.lsp to load your lisp routines (vs. "startup suite").
It's a little more reliable and lives outside AutoCAD, so you can edit it without being in AutoCAD.

You can do lots of other stuff too such as preset variables when opening drawings.

Just a thought.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 09:45:24 AM »
You might want to consider setting up an Acaddoc.lsp to load your lisp routines (vs. "startup suite").
It's a little more reliable and lives outside AutoCAD, so you can edit it without being in AutoCAD.

Couldn't agree with this more :-)

See here, here (Method 2), here (second half), and perhaps here.

Brick_top

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 11:03:39 AM »
much better options guys

thanks a lot

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 11:13:44 AM »
While I definitely agree that the AcadDoc.LSP route is a "better" way of going about loading custom lisps (or perhaps adding a MNL file to your CUI). This being one of the reasons. Another being the fact that it's then a simple file copy to install the same into another computer and/or new version of ACad. If you do run into such issues you need to edit registry:

The StartupSuite auto-loads are saved in each profile of each version of ACad separately. E.g. for the "unnamed" profile in Vanilla 2016 ACad they're under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.1\ACAD-F001:409\Profiles\<<Unnamed Profile>>\Dialogs\Appload\Startup

You should be able to delete them using the regedit program (in Windows' Start menu start typing regedit and then click the regedit when found, you might need to answer Yes for admin rights).
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.