Author Topic: DWF Viewer Printing Problem  (Read 2988 times)

M-dub

DWF Viewer Printing Problem
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:42:31 PM »
I have a strange problem with our DWF viewer. I think it might be my print driver though.
AutoCAD 2004 prints fine to all printers and plotters we have. Same with DWF Viewer...except our HP LaserJet 8000dn. AutoCAD prints fine to it, but DWF Viewer puts a tick mark on every single "E" in every drawing. The E's all end up looking almost like an 8 or B or something like that. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Mike

sinc

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:23:17 PM »
Don't use the letter E?   :D

pmvliet

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 08:04:38 PM »
You do know that E is the most common used letter in the alphabet. It would be hard to write a sentence let alone a paragraph w/o the "E".
Just some brain dead trivia from a statistics class a long time ago.

PDJ

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 08:19:56 PM »
I think that letter E is way overrated.. But, is keeping with the helpfulness of this community, just box that printer up and send it to me..  I'll do my best to correct your problem and if I can't fix it, I'll just take it to the computer landfill..

One possibility could be the fonts loaded in your printer. May want to see if there's an upgrade for them.  

What DWF viewer are you using??   Hang on here, I'm thinking out loud.. Is this really small text on a large drawings by chance??

Try this, go into your dwf writer and change the paper size to something REALLY huge. Then create the .dwf..  I had this happen on the village of Bethel, AK where if I created a .dwf file and they zoomed into the block names, it was all garbled text..  Making the .dwf writer think I was plotting on larger paper forced it to write the test at a legible size.

One last thing.  There's a .dwf writer that was mentioned in Cadalyst last month I think that ROCKS.. No $149 for a .dwf writer from AutoDesk..  That's the one I used to do the map of Bethel and it's suhWEET!!

Hope you can decipher somethin from my ramblings.. I'm afraid to go back and proof what all I said..

hendie

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 03:27:11 AM »
is the extra line visible on the DWF itself ? from what you've said, I'm assuming not.
try changing the printer driver to the standard windows driver and see if you still get the problem.
I have an HP Laserjet 5000 nad when I try using the HP drivers I just get garbage coming out but I get no problems using the standard windows drivers.