Author Topic: Share CUI File?  (Read 4118 times)

craigr

Re: Share CUI File?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 02:21:31 PM »
...BTW way the sync happens when shutting down

Only if you write the script that way.

Our IT guy has ours set up so they do everything when you first log on to our server.

I think we may be talking about two different things. I wouldn't want to sync folders until I log off - as you state. But config files, I would want to sync at Log On.

craigr

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:33 PM »
or in your particular situation, perhaps they just need the 'Enterprise' CUI loaded as their standard locally...never mind how or why anyone else does whatever they do...

somethings work great in the lab...

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 11:05:20 AM »
See I was told that when unplug from the server, that applications or the local computer would "auto freaking magicly" re-point itself(s) the sync folder or image on the folder.   That is not happening.  Okay enough typing for today, I am getting wound up.  :realmad:

BTW way the sync happens when shutting down

I got it solved.  It was isolated to the laptop only.  Either Larry (aka the Archie), Curly, (aka Me) or Moe (aka the ITwit) failed to place the files in the correct folder and since we been having other issues with this freaking saga of migration from one server to another, I was blaming this issue on the migration.   The way the ITwit has it setup so that the "MyDocs" folder is sync'd and becomes the folder for the offline files.  With this migration, every day I reminded how ignorant I am with workings of a computer and the network.  But I am learning, just the hard way unfortunately.   :oops:
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

KewlToyZ

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 05:08:27 PM »
I use the Enterprise.cui and I make a VPN version of the entire package local for laptops specifically.
Laptops don't do enough high volume production to need updates as often.
Most are used to just view/demo files for clients.

Changing the configuration is usually as simple as a find/replace with a text editor on the .arg, .cui, .mnl, (.lsp routines requiring an actual drive location)
The biggest trick I had was making sure I built the VPN's after the main app always.
Would be more difficult to use find/replace when everything points to C: instead of only half the paths like the networked version.
Likely one of the best ways to maintain a stable environment to troubleshoot against.
Use a few default workspaces in the enterprise cui and a central profile.
Point the profile with a desktop icon.
The user messes up functionality, rename the profile in Options and restart AutoCAD from the desktop profile pointed icon.
One of the easiest fixes I have had for maintaining predictable troubleshooting.